YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

Speaking of Spider-Man 3, i saw it a few weeks ago and i still dont understand the hate for this film. Its messy, yeah, and Venom is kinda useless in the film, but its just so damn entertaining. And the Emo Peter Parker scene is just GOLD.

giphy.gif

I mean how can you not love that?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Speaking of Spider-Man 3, i saw it a few weeks ago and i still dont understand the hate for this film. Its messy, yeah, and Venom is kinda useless in the film, but its just so damn entertaining. And the Emo Peter Parker scene is just GOLD.

giphy.gif

To me the problem is that it's two movies at once (the black suit/Venom stuff doesn't even become part of the story until an hour in) but when it's solid (far from always but more than a few times) it's solid.

That Uncle Ben retcon can fuck off tho

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

a 150M-160M domestic result would be abysmal for FB2, that wouldn't let it even be in WB top 3 movies of the year..

A Sorcerer Stone to Chamber of Secret drop:

317.58m -> 262m

Would do on Fantastic Beast 2:

234m  -> 193m

The excitement of the first Potter on screen must have been bigger than the return on screen of the wizardry world in a spin off form, so yeah under 193m do sound really bad and it could reflect that despite Fantastic Beast good multiplier and nice production design/world building people didn't like that movie has much as the surface show.

Potter in the past could have #1 and 2 spot at the same time:

https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/packaged-media-sales/2011

With a really perfect date for 2017 rental/sales (didn,t burn any demand in 2016 and early enough release in 2017 to have most of is business in that year):

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/mpaa-theme-report-2017.pdf

Physical rental: #18

Digital rental: #19

Physical sales: #10

Digital sales through: #9

I do not know anyone that particularly liked the first entry Fantastic Beast

14 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

giphy.gif

A very underrated movie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Admit it, people, this is the most surprising run of 2018. It had everything stacked up against it. It defied all expectations and then some. My friend, you bow to no one. 

Only for the Youtube skeptic, us Google believer are not surprised at all.

Solo is still my most surprising run I think of 2018, I was not believing enough in the great views count prophecy showing it was in great trouble back in those shameful days.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Solo is still my most surprising run I think of 2018, I was not believing enough in the great views count prophecy showing it was in great trouble back in those shameful days.

I agree...even in my most pessimistic moments, I never dreamed how many Star Wars fans and GA would pass...At this point, it will likely not be in the DOM Top 10 for 2018 (and its WW total is disastrous)...anyone who possibly would have put Solo out of Top 10 DOM to start the year would have been laughed off the boards...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

We also had black panther, meg, CRA, Halloween, was AQP this year? I will say IW was more surprising too. No competition to solo tho.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I have to concede, Solo under 400M dom is shock of the century to be sure but a welcome one. :Venom: