YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

12 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Rankings?

SM>SM2>SM3>venom>homecoming>asm1>asm2

Personally

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Spider-Man 3

4. The Amazing Spider-Man

5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

6. Spider-Man: Homecoming

7. Venom

8. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

9. Spider-Man: Far From Home

1 minute ago, PANDA said:

Personally

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Spider-Man 3

7. Venom

that's quite amazing that you feel they all get worse in the order they are released ;)

😛 

Edited by 75Live

2 hours ago, Alli said:

So why is an, apparently crap movie like Venom doing gangbusters, yet a movie from a beloved franchise sinks when it's not that good? do the cbm fans have less discerning taste?

because the hook for this movie was “remember Dumbledore?  we made him hot and gave him a receding hairline.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, PANDA said:

Personally

1. Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Spider-Man 3

7. Venom

Why the hate towards Into the spiderverse, panda? I am very hyped about it.

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:Venom::Venom::Venom::Venom:

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

Admit it, people, this is the most surprising run of 2018. It had everything stacked up against it. It defied all expectations and then some. My friend, you bow to no one. 

Right? A superhero movie making lots of money. Absolutely unheard of, nobody could have seen it coming. Bowled me right over.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/fantastic-beasts-the-crimes-of-grindelwald-weekend-box-office-opening-widows-viola-davis-green-book-1202503142/

Warner Bros. sequel Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald is eyeing around $27.5M, on its way to a $69M-$70Mweekend. Note last night’s previews only grossed $7.3M and rep close to 27% of today’s ticket sales. Let’s hope the momentum builds. Lower range here on the film because Thursday previews of $7.3M came in 17% less than the Thursday of the first chapter two years ago.

On the Atom Tickets side, FB2 is outpacing pre-sales of Incredibles 2Ant Man & The Wasp, and The Grinch. 

The Grinch from Illumination/Universal is showing a $7.5M second Friday estimate and $31M second weekend, -54%, for a 10-day of  $119.4M. 20th Century Fox/New Regency/GK Films’ Bohemian Rhapsody looking like it will top the weekend’s newcomers with an estimated third weekend of $16M, -49% after a third Friday of $4M with a running total by Sunday of $128.2M. Fox/New Regency/See-Saw’s Widows is eyeing an estimated $13.3M opening after $5.5M Friday, while Paramount’s Instant Family with an estimated $5M today is not far behind with a three-day of $12.5M

• Like 4

Dunno what they're thinking with 12.5M for Instant Family with a 5M Friday lmao. Closer to 18M. But I think the Friday number will still go up. 

Widows could definitely reach 14-15 with a 5.5 Friday. Beasts reaching 70 would be nice. Not the best drop for Grinch, but hopefully it can stabilize as Christmas gets nearer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Raimi >>>> Venom > Homecoming >>>>>>> TASM

I recently rewatched all of them except for the TASM series because fuck no.  SM3 got even better and is easily one of the most overhated CBM’s.  It’s so good.  Homecoming, meanwhile, only got worse, especially when played side by side with the Raimi trilogy.

also Venom is good don’t believe the false narrative that claims otherwise.

• Like 3

Edit - Beaten to the punch:)...

But, to look at the numbers...

$27.5M Fri is $20.2M true Friday/$7.3M Thurs

$25.25M Sat (+25%)

$15.15M Sun (-40%)

Gets me to $67.9M + $1.8M Tuesday for $69.7M...so that must be the Deadline Math:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I recently rewatched all of them except for the TASM series because fuck no.  SM3 got even better and is easily one of the most overhated CBM’s.  It’s so good.  Homecoming, meanwhile, only got worse, especially when played side by side with the Raimi trilogy.

also Venom is good don’t believe the false narrative that claims otherwise.

Agree, though i myself havent watched Venom yet. Though i plan to do soon.

Btw, really nice to have you back. I missed your shitposts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1