YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I recently rewatched all of them except for the TASM series because fuck no.  SM3 got even better and is easily one of the most overhated CBM’s.  It’s so good.  Homecoming, meanwhile, only got worse, especially when played side by side with the Raimi trilogy.

also Venom is good don’t believe the false narrative that claims otherwise.

Aside from slight disagreement as ASM1 is good, basically this.

Those numbers for Widows and Instant Family need to go up otherwise we are talking about bombs here. Budgets of $42M and $48M need more than a low teens opening. Yikes 

I expected more from both tbh Widows is an ensemble cast with rave reviews and Instant Family has pretty good reviews and Mark Wahlberg 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Any hope BR goes higher than that ridiculously low 16M projection? I don't want it to lose #3.

Everything except Beasts is increasing from Deadline's weekend lowballs IMO. That 12.5M for Instant Family from a 5M Friday seems ridiculous

Let’s not kid ourselves. These numbers are TERRIBLE. She threw every character in the movie (Dumbledore, lestrange, nagini ect.) and it still failed. Dumbledore should have sold this movie like Darth Vader sold Rouge One. 

J.K.ennedy needs to hire a good script writer to help her. She doesn’t have the experience. Also the entire “fantastic beasts” premise is STUPID. No one cares about “low-rent doctor who” Newt and Co. These movies should have been a trilogy called: Wizarding World, focused on Dumbledore. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

Wait a minute. I just saw the Friday's for Instant Family and Widows. I want to know how the hell Deadline is getting $12.5M and $13.3M with those Friday numbers. Especially since their preview to Friday is not front loaded at all 

:winomg:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Let’s not kid ourselves. These numbers are TERRIBLE. She threw every character in the movie (Dumbledore, lestrange, nagini ect.) and it still failed. Dumbledore should have sold this movie like Darth Vader sold Rouge One. 

J.K.ennedy needs to hire a good script writer to help her. She doesn’t have the experience. Also the entire “fantastic beasts” premise is STUPID. No one cares about “low-rent doctor who” Newt and Co. These movies should have been a trilogy called: Wizarding World, focused on Dumbledore. 

I stopped reading after "J.K.ennedy". Don't feed the troll guys

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I will say IW was more surprising too

Black Panther spoiled that surprise imo and it is getting harder and harder to get surprised by a Marvel movie doing well, same goes for horror entry with an high concept that fit into a short sentence / 30 seconds ads doing well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The way J.Kennedy started writing a movie about Newt and fantastic beasts only to realize that there wasn’t enough to make the movie interesting so she decided to use every character from Harry Potter. Yikes. 

? K is for Kathleen according to the Internet.

• Like 1