YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

40 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Fantastic Beasts 2 went on a freefall today on Rotten Tomatoes. It's at 40% currently. Started the day at 57% if I'm not wrong.

The Harry Potter franchise did not deserve to end like this. Damn, JK, all you had to do was replace that man! :slaphead:

Depp is total box office poison. I don’t get why anyone hires him anymore. 

Although this film has way more issues than just him. 

After Fant4stic Beasts 3 I feel like we'll get some alt-HP sequel with the old cast back in like 5 years [not cursed child since they'll all be too young for that]

Edited by TMP
  • Like 2

I actually really liked Fantastic Beasts. David Yates is a master of atmosphere and I love him for it. 

If Widows is underperforming I kinda get it. From outside the film buff/cinephile bubble it looks like just another heist thriller starring Viola Davis, that chick from Fast & Furious and other people they haven't heard of...I can't wait to see it but that's the reality of it. 

Widows was amazing sudhegehwhaha but I can see why it got a B on cinemascore. The movie you get just isn’t as advertised. Still amazing nonetheless.

Edited by YLF

10 minutes ago, YLF said:

Widows was amazing sudhegehwhaha but I can see why it got a B on cinemascore. The movie you get just isn’t as advertised. Still amazing nonetheless.

I did watch a couple of reviews/critics say they didn't get the hype for this movie, that it's nothing special, score's are too high etc. 

41 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

If Widows is underperforming I kinda get it. From outside the film buff/cinephile bubble it looks like just another heist thriller starring Viola Davis, that chick from Fast & Furious and other people they haven't heard of...I can't wait to see it but that's the reality of it. 

People know Duvall and Neeson they are very well establish actor (and even movie star for Neeson), Farell is above unknown also, I doubt the issue is with the strength of the supporting cast.

Instant Family Friday Victoria: 

83 tickets

37.3% Grinch (6.96M)

Fantastic Beasts Friday Victoria:

Regular = 861 tickets

317% First Man ($18.37M)

122% Bohemian Rhapsody ($23M)

IMAX = 993 tickets

613% Overlord ($23.3M)

279% First Man ($16.13M)

182.5% Bohemian Rhapsody ($34.31M)

Clearly I'm still having to build up good comps. I gotta stop using the First Man comp unless it's a very old-skewing movie because the discrepancy is very noticeable here. That's a strong showing for Instant Family, and I hope the number goes up close to 6M for Friday. 

Beasts I have no clue since comps are all over the map. Mid to high 20's sounds reasonable though 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Barnack said:

People know Duvall and Neeson they are very well establish actor (and even movie star for Neeson), Farell is above unknown also, I doubt the issue is with the strength of the supporting cast.

I didn't mention them for precisely that reason...they're supporting. I'm saying Widows would be doing better with an all-star cast in the leading lady roles.