Kalo

2020 Box office discussion

On 6/1/2019 at 9:22 PM, lorddemaxus said:

UEFA Euro Football championship will also depress box-office in many parts of europe (key markets for Wonder Woman). Yeah, June isn't a good date for Wonder Woman 1984.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom did well OS because it had the month to itself, it'll likely be the same situation with Wonder Woman 1984. 

Just now, TMP said:

Snake Eyes and Suicide Squad 2?

Honestly don’t get why they’d move Twocide as I doubt it’d be ready and the fact I do think they want to rush it. They’ll probably move GVK or Dune.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Honestly don’t get why they’d move Twocide as I doubt it’d be ready and the fact I do think they want to rush it. They’ll probably move GVK or Dune.

It wraps in Feb. VFX will be a lot less than they are for most funnybook films. It could easily be ready in time!

Edited by TMP

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

It wraps in Feb. VFX will be a lot less than they are for most funnybook films. It could easily be ready in time!

Still, I imagine they want to nail it and do testing and such. Personally at best it’d move towards March/April.

Unlike petty funny book fanboys, I hope both WW84 and BW does good because I’m all for more diversity in Hollywood tentpoles.

Also thinking no superhero film will gain the crown of 2020 both DOM and WW.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:14 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

WW1984 will get the crown imo. i'm very bullish on it with 500M domestic and OVER 1B WW.  what movies do you think have a chance to beat the comic movies?

Edited by Alli
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Unlike petty funny book fanboys, I hope both WW84 and BW does good because I’m all for more diversity in Hollywood tentpoles.

Sames. Hoping for 1B+ WW 450+ domestic.

2020 honestly looks a lot like 2014 in terms of having no real massive (massive meaning like 1,3B+ WW) movie. That might mean more room and success for smaller movies, which i can only hope for.

WW crown will likely go to FF9 or Wonder Woman 2 imo, with Black Widow having an outside shot (im done underestimating any marvel movie at this point lol). However, in my wet dreams, films like Tenet, Dune or Sonic the Hedgehog Godzilla vs Kong will prove to be a challenge.

These dreams will ofc be crushed, but until its too late, ill keep dreaming.