I can still relate to Walt, 5000$ instead of a Billion $ would haunt me everyday of my life, especially if I was struggling for cash my whole life and my family suffered to an extent. It's a totally selfish act refusing to take the 5m but I'll admit I could be equally as selfish and money hungry as Walt if I was in his position. When he said it wasn't about money or meth but about an EMPIRE, I was foaming at the mouth.

• Like 2

I loved finally getting Walt's true motivation. We all had an idea of why he was really doing this, but now it's come out of the horse's mouth. He's pretty much indefensible at this point, having been able to cash in, get out of the business, possibly salvage his marriage, and basically fix everything. But I've always been good at understanding characters, even unlikable ones. I mean, can we say with certainty we could go through the same life as Walt and not turn out the same way? He had a falling out with people close to him, had his ego irreparably bruised, had an impaired son, lived a mediocre life barely being able to provide for his family, living in fear of making choices, and finally, being diagnosed with cancer. I don't see the story as being Walter White turns into a dickweed and puts his loved ones in danger, I just see it as a good man's tragic downfall, starting with Gray Matter. And I recall aDim commenting on how Walt leveled up in between seasons 4 and 5, and I think it's that while he killed Gus for the right reasons, his great victory ("I won") proved such a huge stroke for his ego and positive reinforcement for his actions that he was naturally going to see himself as a king on the level of Gus. He wants to be a king like he wasn't with Gray Matter, he's not phased by grotesque matters, all he cares about is being the man, both of his family and his own empire. I have no idea why i just wrote all of that.

• Like 2

I think it shows that Walt's character has fully transitioned to "breaking bad" in the sense that he's in this purely for his own greed and ego, and his morality has basically gone out the window.

Yeah another great episode. More subdued but still hit some chords.

Another kind of dumb scene is when Mike leaves Walt's keys and stuff from his pockets on the table in the room and then proceeds to use a plastic handcuff on one hand to tie him to the radiator. As soon as his keys hit the table I knew Walt would escape. Mike's a really experienced and careful guy, he should have known better than to leave Walt alone with so little security.

Yay, I'm finally caught up on this show! Shit's intense. I don't really like the way they're handling Skyler this season. I thought they would make her the badass 'mob wife', but instead she's becoming a real b****. I love the way Anna Gunn portrays her though. That dinner table scene was so awkward, and all three of them were absolutely great in it. I'm liking the way season 5 is going, I'm just really anxious to see what's gonna happen next year (ugh, why so far away??).

Yeah, I've had a feeling for a while that this might happen to Mike. I was still sad when it did though. The worst part is that he didn't even die over something important like Gus, he just insulted Walter's ego and Walter got a little too pissed. The bit after where Walter realised he didn't even need Mike to get the names was kinda funny though.

Edited by CoolioD1