If I were Walt and I saw that huge pile of money I would've gone all Scrooge McDuck and dived into it and rolled around in it.Overall this season was the weakest since the first, I guess that's because of the 8 episode thing, as it felt like they rushed through some stuff or took some short cuts here and there, but it's still one of the best things on TV. The wait for the final 8 is gonna kill me.Oh, but this episode was easily the best of the first 8. loved the prison montage.

Edited by CoolioD1

My heart was pumping from the beginning of the scene where they're sitting outside by the pool. I knew something was coming, just didn't know what it would be. :-o!!!!!!

It's funny I had to go back and watch again, because I muted the sound. I was waiting for a gunshot to occur and hit maybe Walt Jr.?I thought it was a great episode and yeah I hate having to wait so long.And he went through the cat scan, so the question is, is the cancer back? I think so and with Hank finding the book, does Hank or the cancer get to Walt first?

Not to forget the rest of the episode, I thought the two montages (prison killings and Crystal Blue Persuasion) were the two most effective the show has ever cut. I don't think anything can quite top the last few episodes of Season 4, but plenty of moments this season make a compelling case.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can kind of say it was a weak "season", but there are really so many scenes and cuts. The whole train sequence, the heist in the season premiere, the scenes from last night, the dinner scene a couple weeks ago, mike's death. Must I go on??

• Like 1

Watched the episode again this morning. Given how methodical Walt has been about destroying evidence, it rang slightly untrue that Walt wouldn't destroy that book, let alone leave it in plain sight, if Gale had given it to him.

But then I thought - what if Gale wasn't the one who gave it to him? We never actually saw that, did we? What if it was from Gretchen (and the book did look pretty old). I had to Google Gretchen's last name, but it's "Black," so she'd be G.B. also. How ironic would it be if the clue that leads Hank to uncover Walt really shouldn't have done so? (That would be pretty satisfying to me, both for the irony, and the fact that it then makes sense that Walt wouldn't think twice about that book.)

Edited by DAR

Watched the episode again this morning. Given how methodical Walt has been about destroying evidence, it rang slightly untrue that Walt wouldn't destroy that book, let alone leave it in plain sight, if Gale had given it to him.

But then I thought - what if Gale wasn't the one who gave it to him? We never actually saw that, did we? What if it was from Gretchen (and the book did look pretty old). I had to Google Gretchen's last name, but it's "Black," so she'd be G.B. also. How ironic would it be if the clue that leads Hank to uncover Walt really shouldn't have done so? (That would be pretty satisfying to me, both for the irony, and the fact that it then makes sense that Walt wouldn't think twice about that book.)

Eh, I don't see it. It was a Walt Whitman book and it's already been established that Gale is a fan of him. It being Gretchens would be too much of a stretch for me. Plus not sure we didn't see Gale give Walt the book. Have to watch S3 again.

It's gonna be really good seeing how Hank handles the situation. Will he feel guilty because he's the one who introduced Walt to the business during his ride along? Will he immediately try to bring him down? Will he let it go because he's family. So many options they can go with. What would you do if your bro-in-law were in this situation?