WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

So I never did go to the IFC Center in New York. We ended up going to the MET art museum, Rockefeller Plaza (w/ the Nintendo Store :D), and the first two levels of the Empire State Building (because forty dollars a person was too expensive instead). It's not too bad because I know that Roma and Happy as Lazarro will be on Netflix soon, and Mirai will come via Fathom Events. I'm just glad we saw the IFC Center exterior! A beautiful moment to see where artistic films are played in New York!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Ralph should’ve sticked to that March 2018 release where competition isn’t this massive.

Competition wouldn't be that different tbh, it'd be up against the final HTTYD movie and Captain Marvel in comparative weekends..... or was it supposed to release late march i don't remember.

2 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Ralph should’ve sticked to that March 2018 release where competition isn’t this massive.

Moana releasing in winter is still so strange. It's such a summer movie. Frozen on the other hand hit the right spot. I wonder why

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

People please go and see Robin Hood. 

If we don’t support Robin Hood movies Hollywood might stop making them. 

That’s something none of us want. 

I need this one to flop so Disney can make a live action Remake of their Robin Hood

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, InVy said:

Moana releasing in winter is still so strange. It's such a summer movie. Frozen on the other hand hit the right spot. I wonder why

Indeed! But they like giving that prime summer spot to “priority studio” Pixar than their pioneer studio WDAS so I guess Moana had to settle for Thanksgiving.

Frozen really was just the perfect storm. The songs struck the audience, the theme was perfect for the holidays, the acclaim and lack of competition.

9 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Competition wouldn't be that different tbh, it'd be up against the final HTTYD movie and Captain Marvel in comparative weekends..... or was it supposed to release late march i don't remember.

I’m talking about March 2018, not March 2019. The slot that The Wrinkle in Time took and flopped badly

6 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I need this one to flop so Disney can make a live action Remake of their Robin Hood

I really wonder how they can make this work. I think it's easier to make a longer new animation movie than a live-action one.

17 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Thanks for the numbers!!

60 million FSS is DEAD. 250 million Dom is still not locked damn.

not exactly... using $ 23.5M friday and the same drops Moana have on saturday / sunday for Ralph the numbers will be like:

$ 18.5M wesneday

$ 10.3M thursday [-44%]

$ 23.5M friday [+128%]

$ 23M saturday [-2.1%]

$ 14.5M sunday [-36.7%]

$ 89.8M 5-day [$ 61M FFS]

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Thanks for the numbers!!

60 million FSS is DEAD. 250 million Dom is still not locked damn.

If it follows Coco off $23M Friday, it would get 

$23M F

$22.25M Sat

$16.27M Sun

That does add up to $61.52M...so not sure we have enough info to declare complete deadness on $60M FSS for Ralph...

Edit: ThomasNicole, great minds think alike...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Ralph doing over $60 million 3-day is great! Should pull in some strong ass legs.

Creed II doing $37-$40+ million 3-day is amazing although deadline is saying this is big for New Line, but this is big for MGM as well as this may be their biggest studio debut since Die Another Day!

Beasts and Grinch also doing high 20’s to low 30’s 3-day totals possibly, makes me feel like we In December of ‘09.

Robin Hood is well bombing badly. Lionsgste is doing mediocre this year outside of A Simple Favor and Acrimmony and slightly Overboard(if you count Pantellion as Lionsgate). 

Bohemian Rhaposody is the Star Is Born of November. 

Overall, 2018 is doing great and the 4th quarter is amazing for 2018. December is going be a bloodbath though, I’m expecting four hits and the rest bombs.

Then January 2019, Mary Poppins and Glass will start 2019 to an average start, as the year may be so-so at the movies.