WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Creed II is a huge win for MGM given this is the first big film they've distributed, WB will be happy as well because they have OS but I don't think it'll do as well but still good business as well.

It feels nice to see a big number next to an MGM release again.   It also shows that they really don't need a US distributor for Bond - and it's actually an easier O/S sell.

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Creed II is a huge win for MGM given this is the first big film they've distributed, WB will be happy as well because they have OS but I don't think it'll do as well but still good business as well. 

Annapurna has some involvement too, right? They need this money.

6 minutes ago, Daenys said:

As such, Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is the first big movie to hit the marquee following Thanksgiving, and should the film –which we hear is great– comes up short in its opening weekend, it will likely find an audience in the post-season holiday.

We’re hearing a $30M+ start is reasonable for this movie, but it could jump up as high as $40M

This is nice, especially considering hype has gone down a bit.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

• Community Manager

BLACK FRIDAY SALE:

Gold Account Monthly and Annual are both 50% off! You can get one month of gold account for $7.50-normally a $15 value! You can get a Gold Account for $82-a $165 value! In addition, the Premium Monthly is also 50% off at $5-normally a $10 value! And the Premium Annual is discounted 50% too at $55-normally a value at $110!

But that's not all! For the first time ever, the Silver Account tier will also get a sale! The monthly amount will be discounted to $5-from the normal price of $10! And the annual price for the Silver Account will be $40-instead of $85! 

This sale will last until Monday! This is an excellent time to donate to the forums and help keep us running!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I believe Annapurna's only working with MGM on certain titles. AKA stuff that doesn't have have an existing studio partner. Creed's also produced by WB, so I don't think Annapurna gets any of the profits? I could very well be wrong though.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I believe Annapurna's only working with MGM on certain titles. AKA stuff that doesn't have have an existing studio partner. Creed's also produced by WB, so I don't think Annapurna gets any of the profits? I could very well be wrong though.

Wikipedia says:

International distributor only. Co-distribution with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

So idk.

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It feels nice to see a big number next to an MGM release again.   It also shows that they really don't need a US distributor for Bond - and it's actually an easier O/S sell.

I’ll be curious to see what they do with Legally Blonde 3 OS, Annapurna/MGM usually sells the OS distribution rights to local distributors but I reckon they’ll partner with one of the bigger studios 

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I believe it’s a joint distribution with Annapurna for all MGM films domestically

I would worry about slight frontloadedness before launching the fireworks. I mean, they're both sequels to well liked films, after all. That being said, holy SHIT, are these numbers for Ralph and Creed stunning. And even Robin Hood did better than it had any right to (between 2 days, but it did).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kitik said:

Box office pro went all in with the Glass predictions, hopefully it'll be as huge as they think:

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-glass/

They're saying 67/180.

They also upped their Spider-Verse prediction to 130

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

@WrathOfHan

We finna make history

giphy.gif

SHYAMAGOD COMING IN FOR THE JANUARY OW RECORD

tumblr_onp2k39kQO1viufl0o5_500.gif

• Haha 1

Great year for Spidey. Venom will be 875 ww odd on 100 prod budget and Spideyverse will do extremely well compared to it's costs too. What a non-MCU Spiderman comeback from Sony. A crowd pleasing Venom followed by an offbeat novel holiday animation.

• Like 1

Anyway, now that I'm on a computer, I can do some fun "If X follows Y" stuff.

If Ralph follows Coco:

21.8 w/ previews Wed

14.7 Thurs

31.3 Fri

30.4 Sat

22.2 Sun

120.4 5-Day

If Ralph follows Moana

22.7 w/ previews

119.5 5-Day

I wish I could do Penguins of Madagascar (last animated Thanksgiving sequel), but I couldn't find any preview data. Obviously 120M seems like a stretch, given that it's a sequel and it doesn't seem to have the same fervor or WOM as those other two, but Ralph might have an okay shot at getting to Frozen's 5-Day (93M). More likely though, it'll be around Moana (82M)

I don't have a single good comp for Creed. The first one as a comp would be above 100M, which ain't gonna happen. But as a shot in the dark, a 5-Day around Good Dinosaur (55M)?

• Like 3