WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

29 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Great numbers for the Ralph and Creed Sequels. I must admit I didn't expect Ralph 2 to be this big, I thought six years between films is too Long, but seems that I was wrong.

Btw, I haven't been on here much recently, but it seems like @Charlie Jatinder is another industry insider with access to numbers. Is that true?

To be fair without the Disney princess stuff Ralph probably does sub 50 opening..

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

BTW being off topic, do I need to be a fan to like Bohemian Rhapsody. I mean the film has 8.4/10 on IMDb but metacritic is shit at 49. Happens mostly in fan driven films.

As it happens, I am far far far away from English music, in fact never heard the name of singer till I saw film's huge numbers.

So anything for me there?

Yes, go see it. It's enjoyable. Just listen to Bohemian Rhapsody before going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Great numbers for the Ralph and Creed Sequels. I must admit I didn't expect Ralph 2 to be this big, I thought six years between films is too Long, but seems that I was wrong.

Animation sequels don't work like that, as is clear with I2 and Dory. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

BTW being off topic, do I need to be a fan to like Bohemian Rhapsody. I mean the film has 8.4/10 on IMDb but metacritic is shit at 49. Happens mostly in fan driven films.

As it happens, I am far far far away from English music, in fact never heard the name of singer till I saw film's huge numbers.

Yes. I went with a friend who knew so little about it, and had a great time watching, and learning about the legend. Go see it. The end is truly a work of art. That, and then there's these, lovely animals. Meow!

freddie.png

Edited by Keanu
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

chances are you will have heard all their songs before through movies anyway

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RealLyre said:

So how much higher can the nutcracker go domestically? 55-60M? :jeb!:

49 after this weekend of ~2.5. I don't think it will make it to 55m even, unless Disney lets it loiter aimlessly collecting pennies like they are doing with Christopher Robin.

42 minutes ago, a2k said:

49 after this weekend of ~2.5. I don't think it will make it to 55m even, unless Disney lets it loiter aimlessly collecting pennies like they are doing with Christopher Robin.

It's already at 2m (47.5) for the long weekend as of Friday, so the whole weekend will be closer to 5 (50.5m) given it's been having relatively high performing Sat/Sun numbers relative to Fridays. 

It's actually starting to have pretty decent late legs relative to its overall performance and its placement as a holiday film that wasn't released in the holidays looks like it might kick in a bit and keep it collecting decent change for a while. It just never had anything like a big enough start to do what it needed to do. As I've said elsewhere I think the problem hasn't been the people who've seen it (I adore it, and even those who didn't seem to think it's at least okay).

Will probably outperform Wrinkle in Time worldwide by the end of the weekend, which is at least a relatively small mercy.

6 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

It's already at 2m (47.5) for the long weekend as of Friday, so the whole weekend will be closer to 5 (50.5m) given it's been having relatively high performing Sat/Sun numbers relative to Fridays. 

It's actually starting to have pretty decent late legs relative to its overall performance and its placement as a holiday film that wasn't released in the holidays looks like it might kick in a bit and keep it collecting decent change for a while. It just never had anything like a big enough start to do what it needed to do. As I've said elsewhere I think the problem hasn't been the people who've seen it (I adore it, and even those who didn't seem to think it's at least okay).

Will probably outperform Wrinkle in Time worldwide by the end of the weekend, which is at least a relatively small mercy.

By weekend I meant FSS. 3-day of around 2.5 (including Fri below) will take it to 49.

THE NUTCRACKER AND THE FOUR REALMS
Buena Vista

$1,087,000

+151.6% / $619
$47,494,698 / 22

I doubt it adds 6 after this weekend to make it to 55.

Edited by a2k

4 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

Well, there was 13 years between "Nemo" and "Dory" and 14 years between "Incredibles" and "Incredibles 2", and that didn't stop the sequels from drawing huge box office.

The original WIR wasn't in the same popularity league with those two films, but it was popular, and hit animated films tend to stick in the cultural consciousness longer because they become staples with children via merchandise and repeated viewings at home.

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yep, as of now which means it'll go higher. 

If that 'best movie of the year' buzz takes on social media and reception validates it somewhat, am thinking 40 ow and 5x possibl, for 200 dom. spiderverse over venom dom? :ph34r:

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

If that 'best movie of the year' buzz takes on social media am thinking 40 ow and 5x possibl, for 200 dom.

well, "best movie of the year buzz" happens all the time (and no, they aren't even close in most cases) and the key to 200M isn't social media but GA. Also, both social media and GA will divide attention between this, Aquaman, MPR, Bumblebee but Xmas is lucrative for movies so they can coexist and reach milestones. 

@Dingdong whether it looks appealing or unappealing is individual. many fans love the look of Spiderverse animation.

Edited by Valonqar

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yep, as of now which means it'll go higher. 

so even being generous and its 40, which is being VERY generous for this type of film....that's not the kind of competition you're scared of after being in release for 3+ weeks.

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Go for it. Queen’s music is easy to pick up on, and Malek gives a great performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1