WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

In case anybody wants to know the plot to “The Trump Prophecy”, The Liberty University movie released in October, here it is.

The film is about Mark Taylor, a retired firefighter who hears the voice of God speak to him in 2011 telling him, “Trump will be the next president.”  The man starts a massive prayer circle to help elect Trump, and God makes the 2016 election happen.  

Taylor then claims that Trump will win re-election, the midterms will result in a “red tsunami” strengthening GOP control of both houses, Roe v Wade will be overturned, Trump will expose a massive satanic pedophilia ring run by thousands of government officials, Trump will arrest Obama for treason, and he will force pharmaceutical companies to give up the cure for cancer and Alzheimer’s.

It’s a wild movie.

• Haha 6
  • ...wtf 4

Just rewatched Fantastic Beasts before I see Grindelwald in an hour and a half. The movie is a lot messier than I remember two years ago. It honestly gets pretty numbing towards the end, especially with the ungodly amount of endings. I still like it because I'm a Potter fan, but man. Looking forward to see how Rowling goes full Lucas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just rewatched Fantastic Beasts before I see Grindelwald in an hour and a half. The movie is a lot messier than I remember two years ago. It honestly gets pretty numbing towards the end, especially with the ungodly amount of endings. I still like it because I'm a Potter fan, but man. Looking forward to see how Rowling goes full Lucas.

Did she go full Lucas, or full RIAN JOHNSON???

On second thought, that comment would be a poor choice to post.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, PANDA said:

In case anybody wants to know the plot to “The Trump Prophecy”, The Liberty University movie released in October, here it is.

The film is about Mark Taylor, a retired firefighter who hears the voice of God speak to him in 2011 telling him, “Trump will be the next president.”  The man starts a massive prayer circle to help elect Trump, and God makes the 2016 election happen.  

Taylor then claims that Trump will win re-election, the midterms will result in a “red tsunami” strengthening GOP control of both houses, Roe v Wade will be overturned, Trump will expose a massive satanic pedophilia ring run by thousands of government officials, Trump will arrest Obama for treason, and he will force pharmaceutical companies to give up the cure for cancer and Alzheimer’s.

It’s a wild movie.

Yikes some people are delusional. How the hell do people like this get the money to finance a movie, yet I'm struggling to make ends meet with groceries and a weekly movie or two? :hahaha:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

I can not believe Lionsgate spent $100,000,000 on a Robin Hood film. What were they smoking?

They probably spend 15-20m on the production before P&A spending if that much.

Maybe we will have some detail and if we do it will look similar to God of Egypt will be my guess:

https://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/gods-of-egypt-box-office-flop-1201716160/

“Gods of Egypt” had been pegged two years ago as a franchise starter. Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer asserted at that point that the studio’s exposure was under $10 million, thanks to pre-sales of foreign rights and Australian tax incentives. 

I doubt that Liongates ever spend 100m on a non franchise movie (and probably not on the franchise one, they had to sold properties to finance the release of the first Hunger Games even too they had 75% of it's 80m production budget covered by International market sales), they have a strong rule to just greenlight stuff they can get co-financed + pre-sold 80-85% of it at least.

The Intl movie market and venture capital financier still buying into those Liongates trying to get back into the low budget blockbuster genre too, what were they smoking and for how long will they continue ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, PANDA said:

It’s a wild movie.

The Prophecy has already been proven to be bullshit. What the heck is wrong with people?

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yikes some people are delusional. How the hell do people like this get the money to finance a movie, yet I'm struggling to make ends meet with groceries and a weekly movie or two? :hahaha:

Apparently the movie was made by a Liberty University film professor who forced film students to work as the production team as part of their grade.

5 minutes ago, PANDA said:

Apparently the movie was made by a Liberty University film professor who forced film students to work as the production team as part of their grade.

god I just hope it's a poorly-made spoof where no one got the joke

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Do we typically get mid-day Wednesday estimates on Thanksgiving weekend? 

Yeah, they gave one last year and the year before

https://deadline.com/2017/11/coco-justice-league-wonder-thanksgiving-box-office-1202213755/

https://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-fantastic-beasts-tuesday-box-office-thanksgiving-1201859220/

(you have to scroll down quite a bit to find the mid-day Wednesday estimates for these though)

52 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Venom2 and Spider-verse2 :)

Guessing Venom sticks to Oct and Spider-verse shuffles between Holidays to Summer like studios did with Potter, Twilight, Incredibles, Nemo-Dory, Toy Story, etc.

Edited by a2k

"Weds. midday update: Ralph Breaks the Internet in early Wednesday figures is eyeing an estimated $18M today, including last night’s $3.8M. That’s higher than the Wednesday Thanksgiving eve debuts of Moana ($15.5M) and Coco ($13.1M). Those films respectively soared to $82M and $72.9M over the Thanksgiving five-day and the thinking is that the Wreck-It Ralph sequel is poised to clock $94M.

MGM/New Line’s Creed II is spotting $11M today, including last night’s $3.7M, for a five day of $59M.

Lionsgate’s Robin Hood is projected to file between $3M and $3.5M today including previews, on track for a $16M-$18M opening from Wednesday to Sunday.

MORE…."

https://deadline.com/2018/11/ralph-breaks-the-internet-creed-ii-thanksgiving-box-office-1202505947/

PS - Feeling good about my $90M+ call early on this thread:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 7
  • Astonished 7

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

once again critics are wrong. RH audience score is way better than RT score. 

i don't think there's any right or wrong here - maybe the critics are harsher, but starting off rotten on day 1 is bad anyway. it will drop further.