lilmac

Pixar live action remakes?

What Pixar movie would you want remade into a live action film/make the most money?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which would make the most money?

• Incredibles
    • Finding Nemo
    • Toy Story
    • Inside Out
    • Wall-E
    • A Bugs Life
    • Ratouille
    • Brave
    • The Good Dinosaur
    • Coco
    • Up
    • Monsters Universe
    • Cars
  2. 2. Which do you WANT remade into a live action film?

• None!
    • Finding Nemo Universe
    • Toy Story
    • Inside Out
    • Wall-E
    • A Bugs Life
    • Ratatouille
    • Brave
    • The Good Dinosaur
    • Coco
    • Up
    • Monsters Universe
    • Cars
    • Incredibles

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

a live action photo-realistic ratatouille would make zero dollars.

If they make it with non-talking rats and they change up the human story a bit (maybe they start with a kitchen school student who becomes a trainee in Gusteau's restaurant, instead of directly bringing Linguini there, and they could intertwine the main point of Ratatouille with some kind of message about overdependence/overreliance on others.....?), I could see it working as a remake.... maybe........ perhaps............... I dunno.

• Like 1

Remaking 2D hand-drawn animations is one thing, but I wouldn't want these beautifully rendered films to be made into live-action. A lot of the non-human scenes in them are already close to that.

But if they got to make one, please not Ratatouille -

download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzEwOTMwNkBmcz

IlLF1RO.jpg

1180w-600h_062917_ratatouille-cooking-ticropped_Rat_kitchen_getty.jpg?t=15390710

• Haha 2

Only a small amount would translate to live action. Wall-E, Up, Incredibles, Brave, and maybe Coco. The rest would just be...weird. And even though Inside Out had its fair share of human characters, I just couldn't picture the emotions in live action. That's just.... No.

Edited by cheesypoofs
  • Like 1

Incredibles and Wall-E are the only ones who I'd welcome. And saying this as someone who adores Wall-E and thinks it's only second (or fourth) to the Toy Story trilogy as the best thing Pixar's ever made: a remake could be even better, if they retouch the second half of the film a tad. Don't need to see Up, Coco, Monsters Inc., etc. even if they might translate decently, and FUCK NO to the likes of Toy Story or Nemo. Otherwise, no thank you to these.... unfortunately, they will likely happen a couple of years down the line. I envision that Snow White is going to be the last traditionally animated film Disney translates into live-action and then they're going into Pixar and WDAS stuff. Good lord above, those are gonna be fun times.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2