The Wild Eric

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Movies great, but whatever ow this has won't have my money since my theater experience was so awful I'm demanding a refund. Kids shining phone flashlights into the audience and then just turning the house lights on halfway through.

I never felt more pain at a theater when some 13 year old kid shouted SIMP at Miles during the SpiderVerse trailer for Sonic 2. I sympathize with that.

Edited by YM!

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

I never felt more pain at a theater when some 13 year old kid shouted SIMP at Miles during the SpiderVerse trailer for Sonic 2. I sympathize with that.

As long as Miles doesn't start singing about Gwen it should be fine.

FtXpOM6aMAEQgpS.jpg

Ended up having nothing to do today so I decided to watch this. Got IMAX tickets but thought I got Dolby tickets. I went to the dolby showing and only watched the last 40 minutes. After that screening ended, I went into the IMAX screen to watch the hour before those last 40. Soooo this felt more like watching 1/4th of a movie.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think they were verr up front about it beint Part One of a two part movie.

What upset people with the recent FF film was they were not really up front about it.

I felt like I never actually saw much of any blow back about FF ending. 

The only place I kept seeing that narrative driven home was by vieweranon and then it just came out and was received pretty much the same as the last couple and lots of praise for momoa.

ViewerAnon has a tendency to try to create mountains out of mole hills at times.

This was absolutely amazing.

Visually, this was my favorite animated film of all time. The first was already incredible, but they were just showing off in those one. Absolutely stunning.

I loved this film start to finish. I'm drooling already thinking about the 4K physical. 

Might be my favorite spider man film. But I'll need a couple rewatches.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

15 hours ago, YM! said:

The actor playing him a simp too lol. I don't judge him too much tho. I feel like a lot of people have been in his spot before.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think they were verr up front about it beint Part One of a two part movie.

What upset people with the recent FF film was they were not really up front about it.

In my theater almost no one realized that this would be Part One

I think the gamble worked cause the movie was good enough that people are now excited for the next one. If it had been just okay a lot of audiences would have been pissed off imo 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 1