Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

https://deadline.com/2020/05/hyundai-motor-sony-promotional-partnership-uncharted-spider-man-far-from-home-spiderverse-sequels-1202944975/

EXCLUSIVE: Hyundai Motor Company and Sony Pictures Entertainment have entered into multi-promotional partnership across five of the studio’s upcoming pics which will feature the automaker’s new models and technologies.

Hyundai Motor’s new models and technologies will star in five upcoming Sony movies including Uncharted (July 2021); the sequel to Spider-Man: Far From Home (November 2021); the sequel to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (October 2022) and other tentpoles to be determined.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, Eric the Friendly Ghost said:

mah bois

SO people with eplipsy should not go near a theater showing this....

Loved the movie, but anybody with epilpesy should definently not go to a theater to see it.

If the industry is back to pre-covid numbers by the time the sequel drops (which I doubt), I can see it having a healthy increase to over 500m WW even without the first one's rapturous reception. Spiderverse was the kind of movie many people discovered after it left theatres despite being a critical darling and an oscar winning boxoffice hit.

But I really don't see any way this is pulling a Shrek 2 or TDK explosion. The Spidey brand is so streched out right now between many succesful iterations from the movies to the playstation video games, but the "official" MCU version I think will continue to be the one more casual fans will flock to. And the wild animation style is gonna continue be a dealbreaker for some.

12 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am divided on two; will this do a TDK over Batman Begin and increase massively or normal non-MCU Spider-man trend of declining. The first one did leg out pretty huge number, which isn't an Incredible 2 level just yet so the scope of growth is definitely there.

Sadly, latter. 

12 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am divided on two; will this do a TDK over Batman Begin and increase massively or normal non-MCU Spider-man trend of declining. The first one did leg out pretty huge number, which isn't an Incredible 2 level just yet so the scope of growth is definitely there.

Sony screwed it by having live action Spider Verse a year earlier.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:22 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

I think something like Dragon 2 is likely with a decent but not huge increase WW. Can't see the TDK level breakout unless the sequel gets incredibly good marketing and buzz. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1