Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

Frankly, with the "We are out after film 3'annoucnement, I hope Feige will be onthe phone to them saying'Ok, I can understand you want a break from Spidey but anything else in the MCU you are interested in?"

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Frankly, with the "We are out after film 3'annoucnement, I hope Feige will be onthe phone to them saying'Ok, I can understand you want a break from Spidey but anything else in the MCU you are interested in?"

And I definitely can see them joining the MCU crew. Working with Marvel Studios compared with Lucasfilm seems like very distinct experiences. Not all under the Mouse’s umbrella it’s the same. I think they literally should bring them to Avengers: Secret Wars by the way. Also introduce the live action take of Miles Morales there btw, it worked somewhat like that with Jonathan Hickman’s Secret Wars last decade.

Amazing news. I didn’t notice, but my friend that was with me did. A good excuse to watch it again:

Also, since 2016 it’s been a golden age for Spider-Man fans, but 2023 might end up becoming the best year yet:

My GOTY right here.

13 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Amazing news. I didn’t notice, but my friend that was with me did. A good excuse to watch it again:

I also complained about the sound mixing - and loads of others did on Reddit - and the stock reply was "it was meant to be like this, and theatres were supposed to push the audio past this level and that and blah blah blah". Just like the Tenet complaints - bitch, if the filmmakers' requirements are for audio equipment to be pushed past the max, or for you to hear in certain frequencies in order to get the full experience, then they're doing it wrong.

I loved the movie, but the sound mixing was quite bad and genuinely impacted my experience. The opening monologue became gibberish and Spider-Punk was incomprehensible (and no, it's not just the accent - like I saw this in London, in a decent LieMax and people were like "what did he say?"). A lot of that was due to the dialogue being TOO snappy and fast, especially during action sequences, and the mix didn't help one bit. It simply became sensory overload. The first one had hit the perfect sweet spot. This, while visually extraordinary, simply wasn't as good an experience for me. Not only did it not have any moment anywhere near as good as Leap of Faith, the sounds easily took 10% off the experience for me. 

I do wanna rewatch it if there's any way to find out whether the new mix is playing, though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I also complained about the sound mixing - and loads of others did on Reddit - and the stock reply was "it was meant to be like this, and theatres were supposed to push the audio past this level and that and blah blah blah". Just like the Tenet complaints - bitch, if the filmmakers' requirements are for audio equipment to be pushed past the max, or for you to hear in certain frequencies in order to get the full experience, then they're doing it wrong.

I loved the movie, but the sound mixing was quite bad and genuinely impacted my experience. The opening monologue became gibberish and Spider-Punk was incomprehensible (and no, it's not just the accent - like I saw this in London, in a decent LieMax and people were like "what did he say?"). A lot of that was due to the dialogue being TOO snappy and fast, especially during action sequences, and the mix didn't help one bit. It simply became sensory overload. The first one had hit the perfect sweet spot. This, while visually extraordinary, simply wasn't as good an experience for me. Not only did it not have any moment anywhere near as good as Leap of Faith, the sounds easily took 10% off the experience for me. 

I do wanna rewatch it if there's any way to find out whether the new mix is playing, though. 

I watched it again today and I don't know if it was a theatre-specific thing or actually the new mix, but the sound (specifically at Gwen's starting part and Hobie's dialogue) was much much better

Edited by Bobzaruni

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

It's releasing on its 48th day, which is a little longer than Mario's 42. ATSV will have 7 weekend in theaters, while Mario had 6.

Sony has jumped aboard the early PVOD release train, and seeing how much money Puss and Mario made I see many more studios doing the same.

Edited by Mojoguy