Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Part One? Is there ever a reason to title something Part One and Part Two if it's not based on a specific book/story or whatever?

Sure, if you basically wrote one script/story and then realized it was so long you wanted to split it in two, the part one/part two conveys that pretty clearly imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Part One? :winomg::WHATanabe:

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Part One? Is there ever a reason to title something Part One and Part Two if it's not based on a specific book/story or whatever?

They should give this like 300 parts, let's be real here.

Scene with Gwen and Miles was hilarious. Probably my most anticipated film of 2022. Seems like they will go with a romantic angle between the two, which I wasn't sure about after the first film but it seems to work really well here, great chemistry. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm calling it right now, it's going for the record; highest grossing film with a parenthetical in the title.

As far as I can tell the record here is absurdly low. It will lose it a year later though (hopefully).

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sony was having such a great run and then they have to come up with this dumb PART ONE shit for a kids movie, destroying all the goodwill there is for this sequel.

yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either.

Maybe the title will change

Part One! Yep, that means Miles (voiced by Shameik Moore) is getting two sequel movies. During an EW Twitter Q&A on Saturday, returning writer-producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller explained that when they sat down to continue Miles' story, they realized they had way more ideas than they could fit into a single film.

"Miles' story is an epic," the pair said. "We wrote what we thought the story needed to be, and to our surprise we realized it was two movies instead of one. We're working on them both as we speak. Part Two will be out sometime in 2023. We will sleep again in 2024."

https://ew.com/movies/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-first-look/

So yeah, it's gonna be two movies.