Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

Just now, Product Driven Legion said:

On a less memey note, if AT&T take NWH to 700M+ with a multiverse story, it really could help this one 10 months later, especially if some of them appear which seems reasonably likely to me.

It won't need gimmicks. 

It is sequel to best Spider-Man movie ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It is sequel to best Spider-Man movie ever.

I agree

It won't need gimmicks.

… but the BO is incredibly clear that the GA likes crossover “gimmicks”

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’m curious on if NWH will have an effect on it for the GA? Cause I really don’t wanna hear “Why do we need an animated one, when we had the real one a year ago?”

I am thinking (and hoping) it will be more like “woah, another one, cool. I liked seeing all those Spider-Men and different universes combining last Christmas, I should check this out” from the (substantial) portion of the audience that will have seen NWH but not Spiderverse 1.

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’m curious on if NWH will have an effect on it for the GA? Cause I really don’t wanna hear “Why do we need an animated one, when we had the real one a year ago?”

This would be an issue if it was the first film, I think (hope?) that enough people liked Miles/Gwen/Peter B (is he in this?) and others in the first one that selling this on the characters rather than the concept will work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

This would be an issue if it was the first film, I think (hope?) that enough people liked Miles/Gwen/Peter B (is he in this?) and others in the first one that selling this on the characters rather than the concept will work. 

Sony probably more concerned with selling to people who didn’t see Spiderverse than people who liked spiderverse a lot. That’s how you get sequel growth.   

On the other hand I assume there was a lot of directorial freedom here,  harder to speculate where they wanted to take the story until we see it.

• Like 1

Seeing animated Tobey and Andrew interacting with Miles would be dope for part two (Tom too I guess) but there’s so much more, give us more:

- Japanese Spidey

- Insomniac Peter and Miles

- 90s Animated Spidey

- Spectacular Spider-Man from the 2008-2009 show

- Man-Spider

- Anya Corazon

- Silk

- Superior Spider-Man 

- Mayday/Spider Girl

and most importantly….

TURN OFF THE DARK SPIDER-MAN

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

The first sold 2.7M+ DVD & Blu rays in US, par Far From Home vs 3.5M of Incredibles 2.

That's closer than the box office of the three. I suppose part 2 shall make things closer BO wise.

Oh, didn’t know that. Makes TDK BB comparison look more reasonable 🤞

51 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Sure, if you basically wrote one script/story and then realized it was so long you wanted to split it in two, the part one/part two conveys that pretty clearly imo.

Or you just give the second part a different title instead of Empire Strikes Back being called Star Wars Part 2. You're still selling it as a separate film. 

• Like 1