Blankments

Dear Evan Hansen | Sep 24 2021 | Universal | Supposedly about "High School Students" | Premiering at TIFF!

1 minute ago, vale900 said:

this could have be the perfect movie to launch a new sensational teen star. Ben Platt is like really killing the potential. I watched his performance on America's got talent and He's really a great musical actor but sadly in the trailer He seems really ridicolous. 

They should have chosen someone looking like this

Anyway if the film is good and with good I mean really crowd pleasing it can still find an audience I guess. 

DEH_Jordan_Fischer1403_1-scaled-e15801433-12-19-evanhansen2-e1552562327857.jpg

Honestly he's also too old-looking, but if Jordan Fisher was cast in this instead, I would have been way more hyped. He deserves so much more than being on CW's Flash.

8 minutes ago, vale900 said:

this could have be the perfect movie to launch a new sensational teen star. Ben Platt is like really killing the potential. I watched his performance on America's got talent and He's really a great musical actor but sadly in the trailer He seems really ridicolous. 

They should have chosen someone looking like this

Anyway if the film is good and with good I mean really crowd pleasing it can still find an audience I guess. 

DEH_Jordan_Fischer1403_1-scaled-e1580143

Is that my man from that poorly edited The Flash poster?

flash-bart-allen-impulse-first-look.jpg?

I think Platt looks too old but I also think there is an audience that really won't care and DEH can still be a success if people find it moving. Realism isn't exactly the point with musicals, and this not going to like In the Heights where the target audience demands the right sort of representation, or else...

13 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I think Platt looks too old but I also think there is an audience that really won't care and DEH can still be a success if people find it moving. Realism isn't exactly the point with musicals, and this not going to like In the Heights where the target audience demands the right sort of representation, or else...

Twitter is a bubble. I don't think it flopped because of some controvery about the cast, Dear Evan Hansen is one of the most successfull musical of the last years and it's momentum is still here (you can say the same for wicked even if it's  almost  from 20 years ago).

In the heights momentum was already gone 10 years ago 😅

Edited by vale900