Blankments

Dear Evan Hansen | Sep 24 2021 | Universal | Supposedly about "High School Students" | Premiering at TIFF!

On 9/25/2021 at 8:04 PM, grim22 said:

What are other examples of one single casting decision ruining an entire movie? Feels like this has to be very high on that list.

Here are my likely not so popular opinions.

Hayden Christian in Star Wars

The two leads in Valerian.

Keane Reeves in anything that requires good acting (though i love this guy)

Brie Larson for CM (she wasn't bad but her performance wasnt as fun as other MCU actors)

Ben Affleck in any superhero movie ever (seriously how did they not learn from Daredevil)

Quentin Tarintino every time he casts himself 

Jared Leto in Suicide Squad (he was one of many factors but his performance seemed unfinished and lazy)

Brad Pitt in Troy (he's serviceable until he has to share screen time with Eric Banner, he looked the part though)

The kids in the narnia movies 

the-chronicles-of-narnia-aslan.gif

Nuff said

These are all hyperbole as few of them actually ruined their movies (if any) but Tarintino came close in Django. That Auzzie accent was just hilarious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

Here are my likely not so popular opinions.

Hayden Christian in Star Wars

The two leads in Valerian.

Keane Reeves in anything that requires good acting (though i love this guy)

Brie Larson for CM (she wasn't bad but her performance wasnt as fun as other MCU actors)

Ben Affleck in any superhero movie ever (seriously how did they not learn from Daredevil)

Quentin Tarintino every time he casts himself 

Jared Leto in Suicide Squad (he was one of many factors but his performance seemed unfinished and lazy)

Brad Pitt in Troy (he's serviceable until he has to share screen time with Eric Banner, he looked the part though)

The kids in the narnia movies 

the-chronicles-of-narnia-aslan.gif

Nuff said

These are all hyperbole as few of them actually ruined their movies (if any) but Tarintino came close in Django. That Auzzie accent was just hilarious

Hayden was bad in the prequels, but most of the blame for that should go to Lucas and the script. I don't think anyone could really sell that role.

• Like 2

It's kinda sad how the movie basically destroyed the legacy of musical lol. 

It was a huge success, won a Tony for best musical and had a lot of fangirls/fanboys. Like this and Hamilton were the 2 huge musicals popular among young people 4 to 5 years ago.  Then the movie came out and now all the former fans were embarrassed to admit that they ever liked it. 

Edited by ban1o