WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (page 9): Ralph 25.8M | The Grinch 17.7M | Creed 16.8M | Grindelwald 11.2M | Bohemian Rhapsody 8.1M | Instant Family 7.2M | Hannah Grace 6.5M

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Fantastic Beasts 3 needs to wrap up the trilogy. Maybe try a stand-alone or two every 5 years or so, keep the audience interest until the inevitable cast-reunion or reboot in 2030 or so. 

I was going to say that earlier, Beats 2 was okay, not that good though to be honest, I was rather disappointed. It is the worst film of the year I've seen (before anyone jumps down my throat about that-I have not seen as nearly as many films as most of you and rarely go to the theater anymore, heck that was my first film since The Meg!)

• Like 1

Okay I just realized something odd-I don't think I've seen a film in theaters made by Fox since Logan. (Yes completely random)
Out of any December releases I might see-maybe Aquaman and that is it. (Sorry kids I don't get a chance to see films as much as I use to!)

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can Bohemian Rhapsody still hit 200?:

Remainder of this week: 3.5M (167.9M Total)

Dec 7: 7.3M (3.2M weekdays, 178.4M Total)

Dec 14: 5.2M (1.8M weekdays, 185.4M Total)

Dec 21: 2.1M (3M weekdays, 190.5M Total)

Dec 28: 2.4M (2.3M weekdays, 195.2M Total)

Jan 4: 1.8M (700k weekdays, 197.7M Total)

Jan 11: 1M (500k weekdays, 199.2M Total)

Jan 18: 500k (200k weekdays, 199.9M Total)

Jan 25: 400k (200k weekdays, 200.5M Total)

Final Total: 202M (3.95x)

Yes, it can still get there without a fudge. If it holds worse than expected on the 14th, Fox can always fall back on a post-Oscar nomination expansion at the end of January. If that still isn't enough, the fudge will be fun :Venom: 

It won’t get a bump from Oscar noms unless it gets a handful of nominations, which it won’t (Malek is the film’s one and only shot at any recognition and it’ll certainly be on the verge of its home release by then). They sure will fudge the heck out of it if it gets close enough to the mark though.

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If Heard was so obviously lying as you say, then why Depp had to pay her millions and also issue a statement saying she didn't make any false allegations? If he was innocent he wouldn't have settled, especially in those conditions that strongly suggest he was indeed guilty.

Amber heard is the one who had recently been arrested for domestic abuse. She'd been known to be a money grabber prior to their relationship after dating the likes of Elon Musk.  Doesn't take a genius to work out that she s a good digging little sloot

• Like 1

Wow Bohemian Rhapsody is really smashing hard, huh? It’s coming for 600m globally. Poor “a Star is born”. Gaga really brought that movie down. I’m sure it would have grossed so much more had someone else been cast as supporting actress. I mean Bradley Coopers previous movie infinity war grossed 2 billion. So this is a huge decline. 

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Wow Bohemian Rhapsody is really smashing hard, huh? It’s coming for 600m globally. Poor “a Star is born”. Gaga really brought that movie down. I’m sure it would have grossed so much more had someone else been cast as supporting actress. I mean Bradley Coopers previous movie infinity war grossed 2 billion. So this is a huge decline. 

Ok, is this a satire account or the real Grace? I mean, Randolph has actually said shit as dumb as this. 

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Supurbia

Edited by YLF

46 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Amber heard is the one who had recently been arrested for domestic abuse. She'd been known to be a money grabber prior to their relationship after dating the likes of Elon Musk.  Doesn't take a genius to work out that she s a good digging little sloot

The mods already asked you to stop bringing up Depp x Heard discussion into this thread.

6 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

5 hours ago, YLF said:

Satire

Not a very convincing act though, Grace loved a Star Is Born and especially Gaga lol

• Like 1

Not such a great weekend at the BO, but Christ shitballs, has this been a spectacular year for BO nerds like all of us. The fact that movies like A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody are all gonna gross north of or close to 200 million DOM, Venom has a shot at beating Homecoming as the 2nd biggest Spider-Man film WW, Halloween is the biggest slasher movie ever and 4th biggest adjusted for inflation, The Grinch is looking at a potential 3,5-4x from a 67+ opening, Ralph and Creed are frontloaded but still doing very solidly, and Beasts.... well, it's not a flop and we all know it left a lot of money in the table due to poor quality, so the BO landscape could've been even better atm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Not such a great weekend at the BO, but Christ shitballs, has this been a spectacular year for BO nerds like all of us. The fact that movies like A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody are all gonna gross north of or close to 200 million DOM, Venom has a shot at beating Homecoming as the 2nd biggest Spider-Man film WW, Halloween is the biggest slasher movie ever and 4th biggest adjusted for inflation, The Grinch is looking at a potential 3,5-4x from a 67+ opening, Ralph and Creed are frontloaded but still doing very solidly, and Beasts.... well, it's not a flop and we all know it left a lot of money in the table due to poor quality, so the BO landscape could've been even better atm.

And you only named the fall releases. Add to them the explosions of Black Panther, Infinity War and Incredibles, the massive successes of JW:FK, Jumanji in the beginning of the year, A Quiet Place, Deadpool 2 or Mission: Impossible Fallouts overall Worldwide run.

Cinema and Box office are alive and well.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Not such a great weekend at the BO, but Christ shitballs, has this been a spectacular year for BO nerds like all of us. The fact that movies like A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody are all gonna gross north of or close to 200 million DOM, Venom has a shot at beating Homecoming as the 2nd biggest Spider-Man film WW, Halloween is the biggest slasher movie ever and 4th biggest adjusted for inflation

Yep and all of these are huge surprises (plus BP becoming #1 MCU movie dom and breaking 700M barrier that team movies couldn't). 

of course, we also had a once in a lifetime bomb that we BO nerds appreciate as much as once in a lifetime hits. :Venom:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2