WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (page 9): Ralph 25.8M | The Grinch 17.7M | Creed 16.8M | Grindelwald 11.2M | Bohemian Rhapsody 8.1M | Instant Family 7.2M | Hannah Grace 6.5M

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

shit drops all around. LOL @ Green Book almost passing Widows from half the number of theaters.

Green Book is definitely in good position to take advantage of upcoming golden globe/sag nominations. 

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

shit drops all around. LOL @ Green Book almost passing Widows from half the number of theaters.

Actually the drops for everything looks about average for post-Thanksgiving weekend. Only one that stands out as being especially harsh is Fantastic Beasts but that’s a no-brainer considering its reception even among the fan base. Green Book’s WOM is clearly starting to kick in.

Also The Favourite is looking at $1.1M weekend from 34 theaters. Anna and the Apocalypse is looking DOA though but that was expected.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Actually the drops for everything looks about average for post-Thanksgiving weekend. Only one that stands out as being especially harsh is Fantastic Beasts but that’s a no-brainer considering its reception even among the fan base. Green Book’s WOM is clearly starting to kick in.

Also The Favourite is looking at $1.1M weekend from 34 theaters. Anna and the Apocalypse is looking DOA though but that was expected.

Another great PTA (32.4k). Lady Bird did the same PTA in three more theaters.

11 hours ago, Impact said:

I put this on the weekend predicts-but dang next week is even worse. I didn't realize it until now that NOTHING is coming out next week! Surprise nothing moved to that date.

Bumblebee is doing its sneaks...and they are selling really well around me - that was probably a genius move on their part, IF the movie is any good b/c unlike Aquaman on the Dec 14th weekend, Bumblebee will get ALL the press, good or bad, next weekend...

And what kills me is an area Regal decided to offer the sneak for $5...and on a Saturday night in a largest theater, this has 1 seat left...I might have thought about this one as a cheap Saturday night:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Green Book is the number one choice for the old white guy crowd this year. That’s probably how it’ll get nominated.

Haven’t even seen it yet and it already feels like the movie I’ll be actively rooting against, despite knowing it’ll get nominated anyways

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I knew that early 13mil number for FB2 was bullshit. The word of mouth for the film is tepid. Period.

It's kinda a catastrophic WOM number...I mean, nothing opened and it barely lost screens...for comparison, 56/59 for JL on drops vs 52/64ish for FB...maybe JL was the best comparison movie for final box office OW multiplier...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Bad. It’s headed for an opening weekend PTA of $10K, which bodes terribly for when it goes wider.

Honestly should’ve of gone straight to Netflix. It looks fun and the reviews are good. Might’ve been a hit there. 

Edited by Godzilla

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's kinda a catastrophic WOM number...I mean, nothing opened and it barely lost screens...for comparison, 56/59 for JL on drops vs 52/64ish for FB...maybe JL was the best comparison movie for final box office OW multiplier...

Maybe. Going to be interesting to see how it holds up next weekend. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I knew that early 13mil number for FB2 was bullshit. The word of mouth for the film is tepid. Period.

Don´t know if I understood wrong, but it seems that the drop from last Friday is better than FB1 and Justice League. 

And if the movie behaves as FB1, it will do 13,5M, isn´t it?