WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (page 9): Ralph 25.8M | The Grinch 17.7M | Creed 16.8M | Grindelwald 11.2M | Bohemian Rhapsody 8.1M | Instant Family 7.2M | Hannah Grace 6.5M

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Wonder why Disney did everything they could to get Wrinkle in Time past 100m but didn’t care about CR?

A Wrinkle in Time was supposed to be The Movie That Will Change Cinema or whatever (what with that Time cover, etc.) so there was probably a greater urgency to get it past the $100M milestone so that they could claim all that effort wasn’t entirely for nothing (too bad all that effort was for such a mediocre movie).

• Like 1

I like A Wrinkle in Time but I'm not sobbing about it's failure. The lesson I learned with that movie, Christopher Robin and Nutcracker is that some people on these forums have not yet realized that not every Disney movie is a massive blockbuster. Sometimes they can do mediocre numbers like Christopher Robin and all out flop like A Wrinkle in Time and Nutcracker. Can't wait for the absurd 300mil domestic predictions for flop or underperformer in the making, Artemis Fowl.

58 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like A Wrinkle in Time but I'm not sobbing about it's failure. The lesson I learned with that movie, Christopher Robin and Nutcracker is that some people on these forums have not yet realized that not every Disney movie is a massive blockbuster. Sometimes they can do mediocre numbers like Christopher Robin and all out flop like A Wrinkle in Time and Nutcracker. Can't wait for the absurd 300mil domestic predictions for flop or underperformer in the making, Artemis Fowl.

And King Solomon's Flop of Flops.  :Venom:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

A Wrinkle in Time was supposed to be The Movie That Will Change Cinema or whatever (what with that Time cover, etc.) so there was probably a greater urgency to get it past the $100M milestone so that they could claim all that effort wasn’t entirely for nothing (too bad all that effort was for such a mediocre movie).

That was a silly narrative I never got.  It always looked like campy trash to me, idk the why they thought the visionary tag would sell it.

27 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

A  bit like when we saw Beauty and the Beast do not so bad on a Glenn Beck twitter poll in the mist of the oh my god there is gay character in the movies moment, Marry Poppins tying a spider man movie on a box office twitter account population is either a really great sign for it or a bad sign for Spider Man. ( I imagine those 142 voters is skewing very male and under 65 heavy population)

To be fair it is a top 1 only affair, click on all your top3 would have probably been different ranking (like no one will go see Deadpool if they can only see one release, but many would still see it).

Edited by Barnack

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

A  bit like when we saw Beauty and the Beast do not so bad on a Glenn Beck twitter poll in the mist of the oh my god there is gay character in the movies moment, Marry Poppins tying a spider man movie on a box office twitter account population is either a really great sign for it or a bad sign for Spider Man.

To be fair it is a top 1 only affair, click on all your top3 would have probably been different ranking (like no one will go see Deadpool if they can only see one release, but many would still see it).

is good for spider... it's tracking at $ 30 - 40M but i think it will debut closer to $ 50M 3-day and pass $ 200M

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

oh ok.  any chance of Aquaman OVER Poppins total?

i don't think it's impossible actually, i have both kinda close Dom [$ 400 - 420M x $ 350M]

but for now i think Aquaman will open great and have good legs but MPR will open good and have excellent legs, winning the battle in the end

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The bombing of Crimes of Grindelwald is one of the most satisfying, well deserved of all time after what JK Rowling did to Amber Heard.

LOL, I feel like every single one of your posts can be put in two categories: 

1. Weird obsession over Zack Snyder

2. Hating Johnny Depp to sound "woke"

P.S. The movie didn't bomb.

Edited by Titan Man
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

WB better think long and hard before marching forward with another Fantastic Beasts movie, cause the law of diminishing returns is in full effect for this series.

My guess is that there is creative changes for the next film and a release delay to 2021. I think Rowling should rework her script (which is apparently nearly done or done) into a novel and release it in 2020 before the third film in 2021.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

The Grinch looks locked to finish over Ralph 2 domestically with a bigger lead than Sing vs Moana. Unless it has better holds here on out, Ralph 2 could fall under the first film adjusted ($215 million). 

Grinch wins DOM and Ralph wins WW

Everybody’s happy 

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Grinch wins DOM and Ralph wins WW

Everybody’s happy 

I highly suspect that will be the case, although the staggered releases make it hard to compare so far. I was skeptical when some claimed the Grinch would be an OS monster just based off Illumination’s marketing and brand power (even including the Minions in advertising). Instead, it will probably fall under Sing OS.

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

I highly suspect that will be the case, although the staggered releases make it hard to compare so far. I was skeptical when some claimed the Grinch would be an OS monster just based off Illumination’s marketing and brand power (even including the Minions in advertising). Instead, it will probably fall under Sing OS.

Actually is following a very clear pattern so far: doing good/fine in Europe, bombing spectacularly in Asia and Latin America. But as you said, this is going to fall under Sing OS, Europe alone can't carry this. The real question is how low will it go. 

9 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

You're stretching yourself thin here just so your club succeeds. It's currently tracking for 70M+ over the first week, which will be about 35M for the 3 day. That puts it in the same range as Jumanji. It'll be close to 200M by the end of the year, and 250 will be a breeze.

I read this thread backwards and thought you were talking about Bumblebee.

I thought I lost all knowledge of box office for a brief instant.

• Haha 1