MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

4 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Free Guy is being released two weeks after it's American release, so I imagine It's going to be a real late release date. 

I don't think it will be that late. I think Disney will push for Sept; cause 1st Oct to Mid Oct is another unofficial blackout period for China's Golden Week / National Day and as we all know piracy will be rampant in Mid-Oct once it releases on D+; Disney will hence push for it to be in Sept.

19 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

so... over 400M WW is safe?

It is a forgone conclusion at this stage IMO. 1.5months runway in North America + lots of runway overseas as well with Venom moving to Oct (for now), I don't exactly see the hype for Dune overseas.

There are more things going for it than against it. At this stage, people can say what they want about Delta and COVID, but Delta cleared the runway for it with other wide releases all moving.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 3

They keep playing a promotional gif of the double kick in the subway/bus on Twitter here in the UK and there is some really unfortunately facial CGI going on in the gif lol. Clearly his face on someone elses body, the eyes are all over the place. Bizarre. 

3 hours ago, AJG said:

This got added to Disney Plus today. I’m guessing it ties to the movie

all-hail-the-king1.png

I remember the trailers for Iron Man 3, telling all my mates how badass he would be as a villain (after watching Sexy Beast) and he ended up being just a drunk Brit. Brilliant

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

It is a forgone conclusion at this stage IMO. 1.5months runway in North America + lots of runway overseas as well with Venom moving to Oct (for now), I don't exactly see the hype for Dune overseas.

There are more things going for it than against it. At this stage, people can say what they want about Delta and COVID, but Delta cleared the runway for it with other wide releases all moving.

I am not convinced. Not sure this will do well internationally.

16 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Covid is still a problem in many international markets plus this is a new property. 400m is not that easy. 

17 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Covid is still a problem in many international markets plus this is a new property. 400m is not that easy. 

It has the MCU brand; start of phase 4 - and lack of competition domestically and overseas (I don’t think Dune will do that well). If Venom didn’t move, I think 400m would be hard - without Venom in Sep; 400m is the floor IMO.

If it gets close to 200m domestically, I really can’t foresee it doing much weaker overseas. But we will see; at this stage there is more going for it than against it.

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

I remember the trailers for Iron Man 3, telling all my mates how badass he would be as a villain (after watching Sexy Beast) and he ended up being just a drunk Brit. Brilliant

I know Marvelites at the time were peeved off and some still grumble about it, but I loved that twist. It helps too that Kingsley is a hoot in that part. 

(Yes Kids, Marvel wanted to have their cake and eat it too with that short back in the day. They tend to do that, and they're good at it.)

• Like 2