MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

26 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

A little off topic but @Lokis Legion if you decide to change your name for the release of Shang-Chi may I suggest Legion of the Ten Rings. 

Presumably I’ll want to react to enough posts on the weekend thread that I buy a month of premium. We’ll have to see on Thursday whether I go for a Shang-Chi name or a What If name.

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

Presumably I’ll want to react to enough posts on the weekend thread that I buy a month of premium. We’ll have to see on Thursday whether I go for a Shang-Chi name or a What If name.

2 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

Alternatively I could become “100M Legion.” Or maybe, “9-10M Legion?”  

Options, options :thinking:

“Legion of the Ten Previews” will be the perfect synthesis :Venom:

• Like 1

LMAO, deadline going for the full 100% lowball :hahaha:

However, this was an interesting nugget 

As of yesterday, advance U.S./Canada ticket sales for Shang-Chi are running 20% behind that of Black Widow‘s

This is even stronger than we had thought before if they mean cume. If they mean recent day pace only it’s right what we thought.

Edited by Lokis Legion

TheWrap had an article where they suggest 40M for the 4day..........LOL

Can Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi’ Break the Labor Day Box Office Curse With a Big Opening?

by JEREMY FUSTER | September 1, 2021 @ 10:39 AM

The chaos of the pandemic has led Disney to try something that no studio has attempted before

While holiday weekends from Martin Luther King Day in January to Thanksgiving in November have launched countless box office hits, Labor Day has never been such a launch pad for studios. Studios tend to hold back releasing four-quadrant tentpole films since so many kids are returning to school and many others are hitting the beach one last time. In fact, the record for the largest extended opening weekend on Labor Day weekend is just $30.5 million, held by Rob Zombie’s 2007 remake of “Halloween.”

But thanks to the slate shuffling forced by the pandemic, Disney and Marvel Studios will try to buck that trend this weekend with “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.” The film is expected to pull in roughly $40 million over the four-day holiday weekend — which would break that decade-old record.