MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

52 minutes ago, Macleod said:

AWKAFUNNY has got to be the *younger* character/female lead...she's only 31. (Was there a younger female role leaked?) 

There's probably still an older female character to announce that will hopefully be the Michelle Yeoh-status...or even Yeoh, herself!

Michelle Yeoh was in GOTG2 along with some other big names cameos, so maybe (hopefully) Marvel has other big plans for her, since it’s unlikely to see her in this movie.

As for possible older female character played by Chinese actress of Michelle Yeoh-caliber, I would suggest either Maggie Cheung or Zhang Ziyi, both of whom are no strangers to Tony Leung. Of the two (both are gorgeously capable actresses btw), I’d lean more towards Zhang Ziyi as she has more experience and visibility within the Hollywood scene. She’s only 40 though, so not sure if that fits in with the older category. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

This is my most anticipated film of the new announced lot as if it weren't before SDCC.

IMO it is the new "GotG or Ant-Man" ala biggest chance to fail cause the property/character are comic niche. 

However, we all know how the other two turned out so...we shall see.

Still waiting on an Ant-Man 3 by the way Marvel. 

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Michelle Yeoh was in GOTG2 along with some other big names cameos, so maybe (hopefully) Marvel has other big plans for her, since it’s unlikely to see her in this movie.

As for possible older female character played by Chinese actress of Michelle Yeoh-caliber, I would suggest either Maggie Cheung or Zhang Ziyi, both of whom are no strangers to Tony Leung. Of the two (both are gorgeously capable actresses btw), I’d lean more towards Zhang Ziyi as she has more experience and visibility within the Hollywood scene. She’s only 40 though, so not sure if that fits in with the older category. 

Casting says 30s-40s so Ziyi, would fit - along with other skills she has.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sam said:

Yeah, forgot Yeoh was even in Guardians, considering the tiny post-credit teases they were...!

(And there's been no indication of them doing anything since...but that's OK, she's got Star Trek and Avatar!)

Yeah, Ziyi would work, I guess... Maggie Cheung is basically retired from moviemaking...and I would be even more surprised than Tony Leung's casting if they were somehow able to get her for a project like this. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 8:28 AM, marveldcfox said:

Hoping, one day, my country is represented in the MCU. I mean we have a cool Pakistani in the MCU now playing a superhero...common Marvel do it!!! And no Dopinder does not count as he has no superpowers and is there just for comic relief.

In which country do you live in?

• Like 1

Just now, marveldcfox said:

India

I feel like I knew that, but I have no idea why ....

Agree, its time to get someone from India too.

I am optimistic based on some of the casting they did ~ recently.

I guess there is lots more 'brewing' behind the scene than we already know about, see e.g. the mentioned mutants and more. But better to grow a bit too slowly for our liking if its about casting... than to grow too fast and loose some of the details the MCU seems to make appealing for so many?

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I feel like I knew that, but I have no idea why ....

Agree, its time to get someone from India too.

I am optimistic based on some of the casting they did ~ recently.

I guess there is lots more 'brewing' behind the scene than we already know about, see e.g. the mentioned mutants and more. But better to grow a bit too slowly for our liking if its about casting... than to grow too fast and loose some of the details the MCU seems to make appealing for so many?

Thanks. You are from?

I feel after 23 films and so much hoola boola in Hollywood about representation, it's time to have an Indian superhero in MCU. If not a solo feature then atleast part of a team up with good role. He could be Indian-American or Indian-British or pure Indian...doesn't matter. He gotta be there as we have many African american, Chinese american, Hispanic, britishers, Americans in the mcu. And now a Pakistani. Kumail is an awesome dude and deserves it. But I feel like my country is not represented. Feel kinda shortchanged as MCU is hugely popular in India and most movies make good bucks.

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Thanks. You are from?

I feel after 23 films and so much hoola boola in Hollywood about representation, it's time to have an Indian superhero in MCU. If not a solo feature then atleast part of a team up with good role. He could be Indian-American or Indian-British or pure Indian...doesn't matter. He gotta be there as we have many African american, Chinese american, Hispanic, britishers, Americans in the mcu. And now a Pakistani. Kumail is an awesome dude and deserves it. But I feel like my country is not represented. Feel kinda shortchanged as MCU is hugely popular in India and most movies make good bucks.

Under my username... is my location to see: Germany

He? 😉

As said, I think the same. Its only about the speed in a time a lot seems to be in a state of change behind the scene, e.g. the Disney+ caused miniseries or however to call those, and FOX Marvel based characters being back.

I'd love to hear today an announcement for e.g. an Indian actor / actress, but I prefer they do it right to do it fast, if that makes sense?

Like better have a real good story too, especially as a lot of biased ppl e.g. in the US might want 'it' (in their POV too diverse cast/story...) to end up with a weak BO.

I want diversity with such a strong story, quality,.... it will open up future possibilities in a big way. Like convincing other studios too.

I am thinking long term changes, not only an experiment like some hope to fail (incl certain shareholders that own huge amounts of shares, who are in part leaning very alt-right)

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Under my username... is my location to see: Germany

He? 😉

As said, I think the same. Its only about the speed in a time a lot seems to be in a state of change behind the scene, e.g. the Disney+ caused miniseries or however to call those, and FOX Marvel based characters being back.

I'd love to hear today an announcement for e.g. an Indian actor / actress, but I prefer they do it right to do it fast, if that makes sense?

Like better have a real good story too, especially as a lot of biased ppl e.g. in the US might want 'it' (in their POV too diverse cast/story...) to end up with a weak BO.

I want diversity with such a strong story, quality,.... it will open up future possibilities in a big way. Like convincing other studios too.

I am thinking long term changes, not only an experiment like some hope to fail (incl certain shareholders that own huge amounts of shares, who are in part leaning very alt-right)

Germany!! 😃 

That's awesome! I visited Frankfurt, Heidelberg and Berlin in 2001. Great places, great food and most importantly great fun loving people. 

Oh definitely..they should not bring just for the sake of representation. It needs to be an actual character in the comics and most importantly they need to make a great movie. Tbf there have been good movies with Indian leads that have made money, but still hasn't opened doors in a big way. ex: slumdog millionaire, life of pi, the jungle book...

Ps: He...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Time for an Indian superhero. Fine, I will do it.:sparta:

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Ra.One

runs to wikipedia... okaayyy, superhero movie with song and dance... sounds atypical.

budget to BO mp wasn't that good aka a flop beside being a hit as earning over

170 crore?

Always nice to learn something new about India's movies here at BOT (imagine eye-swirling / headspinning... 😉 )

(not seriously meant)

Edited by terrestrial

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

runs to wikipedia... okaayyy, superhero movie with song and dance... sounds atypical.

budget to BO mp wasn't that good aka a flop beside being a hit as earning over

170 crore?

Always nice to learn something new about India's movies here at BOT (imagine eye-swirling / headspinning... 😉 )

(not seriously meant)

Krrish series is waaaaayyy better with an actor who actually looks like a superhero.

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Krrish series is waaaaayyy better with an actor who actually looks like a superhero.

Just bring KRRISH into the Marvel Universe, Feige!  👍😂

Would love to see Hrithk and Lizzy Olsen suddenly erupt into song and dance.  😆

Edited by Macleod
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

:wub:

Awww, he’s so cute. He has such a bright and genuine smile. Really happy for the guy. Hope he’ll nail it.

Not familiar at all with Simu Liu, but he looks even better in motion than in pictures posted on previous page.

• Like 1