MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

Ah, was a mistake to think  about live-action primarily:

TS1 — 192

TS4, Coco, Raya — 191

Spiderverse, Zootopia — 190

Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Movie: Mugen Train - 197

Some Elrich guy ruining the perfect 199 because he didn't try to watch series before the movie and gave a rotten review. Like why the hell even review/grade it then if you are ignorant.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 2
1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

Seven Samurai has a combined 197 score on RT, which is the highest I've personally seen for any movie.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Some Elrich guy ruining the perfect 199 because he didn't try to watch series before the movie and gave a rotten review. Like why the hell even review/grade it then if you are ignorant.

Ahahahaha, the 2 great cinematic classics of Japan coming in for the win over The Godfather 

Happy to see people are liking this.

Disappointed I won’t get to see it this weekend but Ontario did just announce a vaccine passport that comes into effect on September 22nd so hopefully I can go see this then. 

• Like 1

Just got out. Fun movie. Silly in places that some might find irksome, but general audiences will lap it up.  It’s stirring in all the right places and the fantasy and action is something to see. 

Simu Liu, Awkwafina and the great Tony Leung bring it home. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Demon Slayer is the most overhyped movie and series ever... Not even close to best anime movie of the year.

• Like 1

Saw it.

Mostly very strong action sequences. The humour works well. The family story is a nice time. The dad is great. The hero is just kinda there. Frankly, aside from the action a lot of what makes this movie work has been done better in other MCU films.

It’s a fine show… until that final action sequence where they lose their mind. There’s a lot about the third act fight scene that they don’t show in the ads and that’s for good reason. CG insanity and it’s really disappointing. I didn’t care for a good portion of it. The third act resembles the finale of How To Train Your Dragon more than the martial arts film advertised.

LOW MATINEE - Go and see it. It’s fine, I just don’t think you’ll be kicking yourself if you wait and watch it at home.

• Like 2