MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

16 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

You love when people use fake minstrel black accents to get famous and then ditch the accent when it's not needed because they dont actually talk like that while loudly proclaiming they wont do minstrel accents for asian characters because that would be bad without a  hint of self awareness? 

Cool cool cool.

Ok

23 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

You love when people use fake minstrel black accents to get famous and then ditch the accent when it's not needed because they dont actually talk like that while loudly proclaiming they wont do minstrel accents for asian characters because that would be bad without a  hint of self awareness? 

Cool cool cool.

Enough of this already.  Check her out in THE FAREWELL.  Girl can act.  It's cool if you don't dig her, but can we stop this "we must cancel you for one bad career choice you make"?  Hey, it's an issue worth interrogating, OK; I can understand some feelings...but let's use this opportunity to talk about these things (and yes, she should, too).  Stop hopping on the latest hate-trend on Twitter and start looking at the broader spectrum.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Enough of this already.  Check her out in THE FAREWELL.  Girl can act.  It's cool if you don't dig her, but can we stop this "we must cancel you for one bad career choice you make"?  Hey, it's an issue worth interrogating, OK; I can understand some feelings...but let's use this opportunity to talk about these things (and yes, she should, too).  Stop hopping on the latest hate-trend on Twitter and start looking at the broader spectrum.  

Latest hate trend? She has been called out for this for literally years since she first rose to fame off the back of her offensive caricature.  Don't confuse you just hearing about it this week with reality. It's not cancelling someone to want them to apologize and address the issue. 

Its really tired claiming having legitimate criticism of someone as cancelling them. Nobody is cancelling her. Her career is doing just fine. They simply want her to address the issue.

Edited by Dominic Draper

This movie was a big surprise...I loved the action and fantasy elements of the last hour. I want more Marvel movies to be like this...and the visual effects were spectacular.

I saw the film in IMAX...maybe the projector was off, but it seemed a bit too dark? Or is that the film in general?

10 hours ago, Noctis said:

This movie was a big surprise...I loved the action and fantasy elements of the last hour. I want more Marvel movies to be like this...and the visual effects were spectacular.

I saw the film in IMAX...maybe the projector was off, but it seemed a bit too dark? Or is that the film in general?

I sought on a premium regal screen and I thought it looked crystal clear. There were two sequences that I might have rolled my eyes out because I thought they could’ve tossed in some more light, but over all good. 

I saw it again on my local screen, and I thought it was really dark. So it might just be the quality of the equipment you saw it on. Unfortunately. 

As my friend jokes, hopefully James Cameron will force everyone to upgrade their projectors for Avatar 2.  

On 9/7/2021 at 6:42 AM, Macleod said:

She’s fantastic in The Farewell, it totally turned my opinion of her around, to the point that I actually like her more recent comedy stuff now. Nora From Queens on Comedy Central is great. She’s toned down the YouTube excessiveness considerably over the last few years.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:30 AM, Dominic Draper said:

Cool cool cool.

Why do people find offence in the most pathetic things. What's wrong with talking in a black accent? I bet if she copied an Australian accent, no-one would care

15 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Why do people find offence in the most pathetic things. What's wrong with talking in a black accent? I bet if she copied an Australian accent, no-one would care

Paul Hogan would care. 

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well, i think any chance of this being released in China is over now. Starting to get viral there, from what i saw.

Good. Marvel (and Western films in general) need to stop sucking up to China. If it gets released their, fine; but stop wasting the energy on that market. 

• Like 8

I don’t think what he says is even that bad. However it’s clear people are upset and the controversy will stop it getting a release.

However it looks like Shang Chi will be a big part of the Avengers going forward. Will future Avengers movies even get released in China going forward if he’s that unpopular there?