MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

25 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

I don't know much about the character but connecting him to the Mandarin seems like a very interesting move. Was it also the case in the comics?

Fu Manchu was originally the role that the Mandarin seems to be taking, but no. Mandarin is primarily an Iron Man villain in the comics.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, terrestrial said:

budget to BO mp wasn't that good aka a flop beside being a hit as earning over

170 crore?

Budget was ₹90cr after UK Subsidy but without SRK remurenation as he was producer. P&A was handled by ₹52cr worth brand tie-ins.

The distribution rights were sold at ₹77cr, Distributor made around ₹90cr from theatrical share.

Red Chillies/SRK made another ₹50cr from ancillaries rights. So in the end ₹35cr Approx profit to Red Chillies.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jat-One said:

Budget was ₹90cr after UK Subsidy but without SRK remurenation as he was producer. P&A was handled by ₹52cr worth brand tie-ins.

The distribution rights were sold at ₹77cr, Distributor made around ₹90cr from theatrical share.

Red Chillies/SRK made another ₹50cr from ancillaries rights. So in the end ₹35cr Approx profit to Red Chillies.

I guess then someone should update the Englisch version of its Wikipedia entry

On 7/23/2019 at 4:26 PM, terrestrial said:

runs to wikipedia... okaayyy, superhero movie with song and dance... sounds atypical.

:ph34r: Disco Dazzler, May 2026 :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Shooting in August for a Feb release the next year is a bit unusual for Marvel Studios, that’s a 18 month lead.

Maybe they learned a lesson about CGI scenes not looking finished in several of the MCU movies?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Shooting in August for a Feb release the next year is a bit unusual for Marvel Studios, that’s a 18 month lead.

Unusual but good, having more time would only be beneficial from the tight schedules they usually have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Also Ra One has dibs on the whole getting all "i dont feel so good and getting snapped into dust" before its was cool

RA.One was very cool film for me a 14 years old, with only Hollywood exposure being Jurassic Park, Spider-Man 1 & 2 and Harry Potter 1.

The hype film had was extraordinary, but then extraordinary negative wom as well 

On 7/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, terrestrial said:

I am optimistic based on some of the casting they did ~ recently.

I guess there is lots more 'brewing' behind the scene than we already know about, see e.g. the mentioned mutants and more. But better to grow a bit too slowly for our liking if its about casting...

Around the mid 2010s maybe after Deadpool 2 Ive started noticing marvel movies casually having Indian extras here and there in some scenes

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Around the mid 2010s maybe after Deadpool 2 Ive started noticing marvel movies casually having Indian extras here and there in some scenes

Fox Marvel only or MCU too?

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, that is unusual.

And then Thor would have an even longer lead time before the movie.

That said, the MCU slate for phase 4 is heavily loaded toward 2021 instead of 2020. Only 2 movies and 1 tv show in 2020, but then 3 movies and 4 tv shows in 2021. So I guess it makes sense that they can't wait that long to get cracking on all those 2021 projects. (And if their 2022 and 2023 plans are as full as 2021, then yeah, maybe we'll see more lead time from now on.)

Hmm, I wonder how close the shooting schedules for WandaVision and Dr Strange will be. Will they film on different sides of the planet, or will they maybe be right next door to each other, maybe even sharing one or two sets?

"Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" will be the studio's first film with an Asian superhero lead, with actor Simu Liu taking on that role.

"Ocean's 8" and "Crazy Rich Asians" actress Awkwafina will also star in the film in an unannounced role. The actress recently told "Good Morning America" that she is "really, really proud and honored to be a part of it."

"I found out relatively recently about it, and I was floored," she shared. "I couldn't believe it, and I met with Destin [Daniel Cretton], who will be directing us, and he's just an incredible dude with such an insane vision."

She said she believes the film has the power to make a major impact.

"'Shang-Chi' is going to mean a lot to people. It's going to mean a lot for where we're going and for my community as well," she said.

"I think we're getting a lot of firsts in the past couple of years, and I think that there is an audience for our stories," she continued. "It's going to mean a lot for the generations to come to have a hero like that."

She said she believes Liu is an amazing choice to take on the lead role because of how much he does for her community.

"He really represents, I think, what a lot of people want to be proud of," she said.

Awkwafina is also thrilled about powerful female actresses taking leading roles in several upcoming projects in the MCU.

"It seems obvious because a lot of the heroes in my life are women too, and I think that we're entering a phase right now where we are realizing that we represent a lot of this country and that it's important to show that we have power as well," she said.

"I think that I'm a part of something that I hope will make a lasting change not only in this industry but as we progress as a society," she added. "I really hope that that carries on and that people will continue to do it."

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/awkwafina-talks-joining-marvel-cinematic-universe-shang-chi-64587682

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1