MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

They should do PA after the 45 day window ends but for a lower price, maybe 10-15$. From the theatrical release to the free tier of Disney+ it will be just over 2 months. That is a very small window. They should add it to PA for around 10$ and keep it there the next 45 days. 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, CJ Sarandos said:

They should do PA after the 45 day window ends but for a lower price, maybe 10-15$. From the theatrical release to the free tier of Disney+ it will be just over 2 months. That is a very small window. They should add it to PA for around 10$ and keep it there the next 45 days. 

Probably just make a premium tier subscription of say $10-12 and release a movie early (2-3 months early) than regular tier of $7.5 per month fee.

Premium tier = 30-45 days window

Regular = 90-135 days.

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Probably just make a premium tier subscription of say $10-12 and release a movie early (2-3 months early) than regular tier of $7.5 per month fee.

Premium tier = 30-45 days window

Regular = 90-135 days.

Just make up something to make movies feel more special. 2 months between premium theatrical release and free tier of your streaming service is not enough. 

I guess they figure 60+ days is enough to reap what they want. Still, we need a return to the days when you had theatrical, then rental (or PA or streaming rental or whatever), then free access i.e. showing on broadcast and cable TV (or in this case free to watch via streaming apps). 

I'm curious why studios aren't re-investing in the rental/buy business via streaming. 

Edited by tonytr87

I just discovered this site and it's community a few weeks ago, during Shang-Chi's opening weekend: I'd really hoped to see Deadline do frequent updates throughout opening night and multiple updates per day throughout the weekend like they did with Black Panther. I wasn't surprised when that didn't happen, but it sent me looking for more up-to-the-minute Box Office predictions and data, which eventually led me here.

While this is my first post, I've been predicting box office results for many years and it's been great to find others who get as passionate and enthusiastic about this stuff as I do. It's been particularly fun to watch the roller-coaster comments of Shang-Chi's opening weekend morph into near universal excitement regarding it's box office run. This may sound overly optimistic to some, but I really think that $230MM domestic is almost all but guaranteed now with $240 being far from a sure thing, but within the realm of possibility. Worldwide remains much more in the air, however, both give me a lot of hope regarding the prospects of the remaining superhero films on the docket for this year.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chrysaor said:

I just discovered this site and it's community a few weeks ago, during Shang-Chi's opening weekend: I'd really hoped to see Deadline do frequent updates throughout opening night and multiple updates per day throughout the weekend like they did with Black Panther. I wasn't surprised when that didn't happen, but it sent me looking for more up-to-the-minute Box Office predictions and data, which eventually led me here.

While this is my first post, I've been predicting box office results for many years and it's been great to find others who get as passionate and enthusiastic about this stuff as I do. It's been particularly fun to watch the roller-coaster comments of Shang-Chi's opening weekend morph into near universal excitement regarding it's box office run. This may sound overly optimistic to some, but I really think that $230MM domestic is almost all but guaranteed now with $240 being far from a sure thing, but within the realm of possibility. Worldwide remains much more in the air, however, both give me a lot of hope regarding the prospects of the remaining superhero films on the docket for this year.

Welcome!

If your first wknd here was the SC weekend I guess you already know whose projections to pay attention to 👀😉

wtf how is this out? time flies. i literally haven't seen any adverts at all, only found out it was released since i looked to see what was on this week at cinema :o I go away from this forum for a few months and I lose all film knowledge

On 9/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, wildphantom said:

Guess I was right that they weren’t going to put it straight on Disney+ !  I took some flack for that too, but I couldn’t see them throwing money away. 

So I guess we could see it hitting iTunes etc to buy outright the week commencing October 18th?  Likely 4K UHD/Blu-ray release a couple of weeks later? 

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Is there is isn't there a very brief, blink if you miss it Ant Man Cameo in SHang Chi?

The Producers insist there is not one, but a number of fans say there is a very brief glimps of Ant Man flying in the bus fight .Just wondering  if this is real or just a product of fan;s imigination.

Edited by dudalb
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Is there is isn't there a very brief, blink if you miss it Ant Man Cameo in SHang Chi?

The Producers insist there is not one, but a number of fans say there is a very brief glimps of Ant Man flying in the bus fight .Just wondering  if this is real or just a product of fan;s imigination.

There's definitely no Ant-Man in Shang-Chi. 😂

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

There's definitely no Ant-Man in Shang-Chi. 😂

I sure as hell did not see one..and that was one cameo I was looking out for, it being set in San Francisco.

So I chalk up the Ant Man cameo as just another Internet rumor. As I said, supposdely it happens very quickly during the Bus fight.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I sure as hell did not see one..and that was one cameo I was looking out for, it being set in San Francisco.

So I chalk up the Ant Man cameo as just another Internet rumor. As I said, supposdely it happens very quickly during the Bus fight.

First I’ve heard of that. But yeah considering that setting I was expecting some sort of Ant-Man connection even if just Easter egg references.