MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

guys i want to ask a question in case anyone knows, say shang chi finishes with 450 mill ww or so sans china, the budget is 150 based on the info so far, can we project what kind of profit the movie will have return ? i assume that with 450 mill it will have break even from theatrical alone, if anyone can answer that would be great.:)

Edited by john2000

18 minutes ago, john2000 said:

guys i want to ask a question in case anyone knows, say shang chi finishes with 450 mill ww or so sans china, the budget is 150 based on the info so far, can we project what kind of profit the movie will have return ? i assume that with 450 mill it will have break even from theatrical alone, if anyone can answer that would be great.:)

It's already broken even.

20 minutes ago, john2000 said:

1 minute ago, JWR said:

It's already broken even.

Yeah being domestic heavy and no China means that Disney should have taken a nice % of that $400m+ so should cover the budget. 

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

New reports say that Xialing is getting her own spinoff for Disney+. The details are spoilers for the movie so I won't post a link.

It’s bad when I’m a Marvelite and I can’t even keep track of all these damn things. 

Now where is my Super Pro and Paste-Pot Pete movies?

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

New reports say that Xialing is getting her own spinoff for Disney+. The details are spoilers for the movie so I won't post a link.

This seems inevitable after the end credit scene. Xialing's great, and I hope to see a lot more of her and the Ten Rings. 

• Like 3

Happy to report that was worth the wait!

Phase 4 I've enjoyed but so far on average it hasn't been on the level of Phase 3. Shang Chi is the first Phase 4 project to rival the quality of Phase 3. Just a fantastic movie with the best supporting cast since Black Panther and the best action since Winter Soldier. Even the 3rd Act mostly works for me (c'mon it's a fantasy movie there's gonna be CGI). Hopefully we get a sequel sooner rather than later.

Now let me enjoy this for a week before the demise of the MCU starts next week with Eternals.

Spoiler

I'm kidding ofc

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

But was it released on bluray / VOD? I thought it was D+ exclusive 12 Nov with no other platform or dvd / bluray release?

VOD is the same day as Disney+, physical media coming on November 30th if I remember correctly.