MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

On 12/3/2018 at 7:22 PM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Please don't joke about that 😱

Anyhow nice to see Feige making up for lost time 

Feige, free of Ike’s bullshit, has been, and continues to be, so good to us. 

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think this has billion dollar potential, if the response to Crazy Rich Asians, Captain Marvel and Black Panther is anything to go by.

A billion and a half. In other words 1.5B

On 3/8/2019 at 4:14 PM, SpiderByte said:

I think this has billion dollar potential, if the response to Crazy Rich Asians, Captain Marvel and Black Panther is anything to go by.

Wonder Woman is not gonna be a part of that formula? Because in terms of long-awaited expansive representation in superhero films, the highly successful Wonder Woman was the very first modern blockbuster that told studios, "see? A big-budget superhero film NOT starring a white dude can indeed be a critically acclaimed crowd-pleasing mega smash."  WW may not have grossed a billie, but she planted the seed that would have studios breathing in relief and thinking "Cool! It can be done and this won't be as risky as we thought."

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia

I'm excited for this but a big no thank you to Lewis Tan as Shang-Chi. 

I'd love to see someone like Godfrey Gao in the role. Very handsome man, good actor and has some martial arts training as well. He's not exactly well known in America but I don't think that should be a priority. Just beef up the supporting cast with some of those bigger names and legends we all love. That should more than suffice.

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios is setting Destin Crestin to diret Shang-Chi, its first superhero movie tentpole franchise with an Asian protagonist. The studio has set Chinese-American scribe Dave Callaham to write the screenplay, and Deadline hears Marvel is already looking at a number of Asian and Asian-American directors who want to do something as potentially monumental as was accomplished in Marvel’s first viable Best Picture candidate, Black Panther. That film tied into African and African American cultures and the sensibilities of its nearly all-black cast, with a black director in Ryan Coogler and writer in Joe Robert Cole. The goal here is to do a similar thing: introduce a new hero who blends Asian and Asian American themes, crafted by Asian and Asian American filmmakers.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/destin-crestin-marvels-choice-to-direct-shang-chi-1202575136/

I assume it's a typo and they mean Destin Cretton?

56 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'm excited for this but a big no thank you to Lewis Tan as Shang-Chi. 

I'd love to see someone like Godfrey Gao in the role. Very handsome man, good actor and has some martial arts training as well. He's not exactly well known in America but I don't think that should be a priority. Just beef up the supporting cast with some of those bigger names and legends we all love. That should more than suffice.

Lewis Tan is that one actor who's name pops up whenever there's a role for an Asian actor its really annoying plus after his little whiny stunt with Iron Fist I'd rather not have him as anything in the MCU

52 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Lewis Tan is that one actor who's name pops up whenever there's a role for an Asian actor its really annoying plus after his little whiny stunt with Iron Fist I'd rather not have him as anything in the MCU

Same here. The way he handled the Iron Fist drama was really tacky. Too much of an attention seeker for my taste.

I haven't seen any of Cretton's work but nice to know he has at least one film that has garnered high praise. I saw that he's also working with Coogler on a project. So I'm very much intrigued. Can't wait to see how the cast comes together now. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe