MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

4 hours ago, CloneWars said:

The prevailing theory is that Eternals will get an awards push.

Hmm, really? I'm sure it'll be good, even top-tier MCU but it doesn't seem like it would have the social significance or themes of something like BP to get into awards consideration.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Menor said:

Hmm, really? I'm sure it'll be good, even top-tier MCU but it doesn't seem like it would have the social significance or themes of something like BP to get into awards consideration.

Yeah, seems like it's leaning into the comic booky tone more than most superhero movies and that's probably gonna turn off Oscar voters.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Academy has been more friendly to genre stuff in recent years.

I think Eternals would have to be LOTR level quality to even be considered. The Academy is willing to award genre stuff but generally it tends to be realistic and/or small-scale stuff than Eternals sounds like it's gonna be. 

14 hours ago, Menor said:

The Narrative: 2021 Best Director Chloe Zhao will be going for a historic Back to Back Win

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IMO

Black Widow: May 2021

Eternals: Nov 2021

Shang Chi: Feb 2022

Doctor Strange 2: May 2022

Spidey 3: July 2022

Thor 4: Nov 2022

Will be surprised if they release it in July.

Yeah with it and Spidey 3 not having started filming, a 2022 date for both wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Shang Chi has supposedly resumed filming in Sydney since August 

Isn't Eternals filming finished? I suppose for a film to release in November, they must have in March.

Edit: Yes

Filming wrapped on February 4, 2020.[37]

Edited by charlie Jatinder

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah with it and Spidey 3 not having started filming, a 2022 date for both wouldn’t surprise me.

Why? Marvel's (and Sony's) usual production start is 12-11 months before release. It's probably moving if filming doesn't start by Jan. Tom Holland said filming will end in Feb.

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why? Marvel's (and Sony's) usual production start is 12-11 months before release. It's probably moving if filming doesn't start by Jan. Tom Holland said filming will end in Feb.

That was back in July. The Direct is saying (though admittedly other sites haven't independently corroborated it yet) that filming is now delayed to start in February due to Uncharted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Isn't Eternals filming finished? I suppose for a film to release in November, they must have in March.

Edit: Yes

Filming wrapped on February 4, 2020.[37]

They never finished their scheduled reshoots/pick up shots from principle. 

On 9/24/2020 at 11:43 PM, SpiderByte said:

How so? Vaccines are expected to be widely available by April, and it's been back on track filming for a few months now.

Hmmmmmmmmm...................

On 9/24/2020 at 11:47 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Holland's got charisma, but I wouldn't trust him for any confirmation on when production will fully resume on anything, or stop and start in between for various reasons...