MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

On 10/24/2020 at 9:08 PM, DeeCee said:

Apparently there was 2nd unit shooting in San Francisco. No cast present. Presumably the cast will be spliced in from shooting in Sydney. 

How is it possible for a cast [from footage shot in one location] to be spliced into another location? I'm guessing that's possible through green screen?

10 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

How is it possible for a cast [from footage shot in one location] to be spliced into another location? I'm guessing that's possible through green screen?

Spliced in purely in terms of shots/edits interior-car shots vs. exterior action shots, etc.  This process has a long history of playing out this way through things like the James Bond films, where action/exterior shots would be shot on "2nd Unit" in Cannes with stuntpeople or doubles, and close-ups with the principle actors might be shot back in Pinewood Studios in London.  

And yes, digital tech and of course the new ILM/Mandalorian pioneered tech will make all of this even more cross-adaptable.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2020 at 8:09 PM, SLAM! said:

It's because the movie costs 100+ million dollars. Most scenes with Cumberbatch in Infinity War had a stand in for him till they could film his parts

• Like 2

Under normal circumstances, i feel this will could win the whole summer. Yes, i believe it will even beat WW84. Crazy Rich Asians made 175M. That's huge. Shang-chi is Marvel. I think it could do 400M. (if people are willing to go back to cinemas)

Edited by Maggie

26 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Which movie will win July? This or Minions? The first Minions made 336M 😕

Screenshot-2020-11-16-Movie-Release-Schedule

Minions 180, Shang-Chi 260 (factoring in some small lingering issues with covid and possibly some chains going bankrupt into each).

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Minions 180, Shang-Chi 260 (factoring in some small lingering issues with covid and possibly some chains going bankrupt into each).

If there were no pandemic, how much do you think Shang chi could have done?

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

If there were no pandemic, how much do you think Shang chi could have done?

Evidently I thought the following before covid:

On 12/28/2019 at 7:06 PM, WandaLegion said:

130 OW

360 DOM

700 OS

That was with the Feb 2021 date. My no covid prediction with the current schedule would be 110/330/600

I’m leery about Space Jam 2, for the sole fact that it’s WAG. They suck at animation marketing and tend to do poorly OS. That said I can see it doing more than Minions 2 DOM but I have both under $200M DOM.

Shang Chi I’m thinking around $250M-$275M, mainly due to the pandemic, it depends on how much normalcy is back.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm sorry what the fuck are you smoking?

The first Space Jam didn't break 100 DOM and you think the sequel is making a billion?

2 factors pLayed into this 

A lot of people in the US and Canada hold the original as a childhood classic

2 China loves basketball