MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

The Suicide Squad slot is now open, worked out pretty well for GOtG1. I think if the recovery isn’t looking good in Feb/Mar-ish the logical movie is BW to June and Shang-Chi to August.    

Honestly though I would pay more attention to the China summer schedule than the domestic one if I was dating this. 

Where will poat prodduction be on this movie?

I ask because I understand most Marvel movies, no matter where they are filmed, end up having post production done in Hollywood, and right now the Covid has LA pretty much paraliazed;could delay this film.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:01 AM, Eric Gardner said:

So what is happening with the post production? The director was supposed to do that Ansel Elgort series Tokyo Vice and i believe that is filming in Japan at the moment.

I don't think this makes that July date.

It'll be interesting to see when they release a first trailer for this, that'll give an indication of how seriously they'll be taking the July date. They've been pretty consistent with doing a first one 6 months before release, and that's this month, so let's see what happens there. Although I could see them being cagey on it as well, even if it did get released in it's currently set spot.

So in conclusion: who the fuck knows.

• Like 1

The one case I could see only 3 2021 movies is if they can swing a CNY release for this and they just go ham with BW+Eternals+SM3 this year and Shang+DS2+Thor4+BP2+Blade+CM2 next year.   

Do not expect that though, to be clear.    

No trailer until March at the earliest imo, they’ll want more confidence in the date first.

35 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

The one case I could see only 3 2021 movies is if they can swing a CNY release for this and they just go ham with BW+Eternals+SM3 this year and Shang+DS2+Thor4+BP2+Blade+CM2 next year.   

Do not expect that though, to be clear.    

No trailer until March at the earliest imo, they’ll want more confidence in the date first.

Chinese New Year 2022 is Feb 1, which is a Tuesday, so it would probably be released on Jan 28. Way too close to Spidey 3, I don't see this happening. 

1 hour ago, Lion Roar said:

Chinese New Year 2022 is Feb 1, which is a Tuesday, so it would probably be released on Jan 28. Way too close to Spidey 3, I don't see this happening. 

That’s not “way too close” that’s literally the same distance as Eternals to Spidey 3. Also the same distance that Thor4 and DS2 were dated for for quite some time (Feb 12 and March 25). One week closer than Captain Marvel and Endgame.

2 hours ago, Gamora said:

It'll be interesting to see when they release a first trailer for this, that'll give an indication of how seriously they'll be taking the July date. They've been pretty consistent with doing a first one 6 months before release, and that's this month, so let's see what happens there. Although I could see them being cagey on it as well, even if it did get released in it's currently set spot.

So in conclusion: who the fuck knows.

8 movies in the same franchise in the span of 12 months is not happening lol. Even 7's too much I'd say, on top of the TV shows.

Edited by lorddemaxus