MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

4 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

First MCU first trailer in a long time that I don’t really like. Still expecting to enjoy the movie of course but felt a bit more goofy and American than I was hoping for.

Just realized these are the same vibes I got from the finished product of Raya. 

1m views on twitter already

Reception seems very good

I think it's a good teaser with very bad editing, that voice over the entire video was a choice.

But the plot seems interesting and the action scenes are very promising, looks like great coreography all around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Just realized these are the same vibes I got from the finished product of Raya. 

9 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

felt a bit more goofy and American than I was hoping for.

Yeah it does that but here the character probably lived his adult life in USA, so that Americisation won't hurt that much. Hopefully the China part feel original.

One thing though, I will love a language accurate cut. Probably that's not gonna happen soon.

• Like 1

The action looks way better than Mortal Kombat, which makes sense as the budget is 150+ million. Looks like it is going to be a very fun action packed origin movie. Will be like Ant-Man / Doctor Strange, but reception will be much better due to minority representation in Hollywood and that too in a superhero flick.

Marvel is covering all races and religions in their movies/tv shows. Time to represent India and Hindus, as MCU is very popular in India. Common Kevin Fiege, don't disappoint Indian fans. 

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

We doing predicts. Huh.

In a normal world, I would go

65 OW and 150-200 full run in DOM.

Huh This is surprising. I knew nothing about the character, but chatter around the movie before the pandemic gave me the impression this would have been a 300M movie...in a normal world

Edited by Maggie

Just now, Maggie said:

Huh This is surprising. I knew nothing about the character, but chatter around the movie gave me the impression this would have been a 300M movie...in a normal world

Trailers numbers so far also indicates a way bigger interest than $ 65M OW

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Huh This is surprising. I knew nothing about the character, but chatter around the movie before the pandemic gave me the impression this would have been a 300M movie...in a normal world

I don't see why it will do any better than Ant Man and the Wasp, unless ofc it turn out really awesome and something happens by the time it releases and buzz increases by a lot.