MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Normal would probably do standard Marvel stuff, 100/300/900 or something. Shouldn’t get a hybrid release, but a little lingering impact in some markets is likely from COVID. Possible that in other markets early Sep is still part of the reopening boom though.

2 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Normal would probably do standard Marvel stuff, 100/300/899 or something. Shouldn’t get a hybrid release, but a little lingering impact in some markets is likely from COVID. Possible that in other markets early Sep is still part of the reopening boom though.

Edit 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it was probably heading to +800M in a normal world.

Right now yeah probably 550-600M.

I think people are underestimating COVID, it will get better but it won't go away anytime soon with the new variants and lots of countries without massive vaccination. I expect every single movie this year to gross significantly less than it could pre pandemic, and i bet the industry expect the same.

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't see why it will do any better than Ant Man and the Wasp, unless ofc it turn out really awesome and something happens by the time it releases and buzz increases by a lot.

why so pessimistic  ?

Trailer is awesome and I can bet movie is gonna fly past your prediction.

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

why so pessimistic  ?

Trailer is awesome and I can bet movie is gonna fly past your prediction.

Am not being pessimistic at all. It just don't look that big or urgent to me. Doing Wasp numbers will be perfectly fine.

Yeah ofc, representation thing may boost it a bit in USA, I didn't account for that. Just as a normal film, I don't see it crossing WASP numbers in OW, unless 2nd trailer is way way more impressive or something else happens.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Yeah, this looks pretty good. I stan for anything with Queen Awkwafina (she seems like fun in this too). The fight choreography seems promising, the visuals are slightly more colorful than usual and I’m interested so far on plot.

Hoping this’ll be another Panther/Guardians 2/Ragnarok where Cretton lets his flair shine and be a great MCU addition.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

You people do realise how big You Tube is in India and how big is MCU in India. Nothing in Hollywood can possibly be anywhere close to MCU on You Tube unless it has strong presence in India.

Yes we do, but MCU US account still get majority of their engagement from US.

And the trailer is getting good numbers from Marvel Indian account too.Pretty much every country had an Marvel YouTube Channel, it's not like the US channel is the only way to see it if you live in other place.

But the numbers are good all over the place, the interest at least exists.

• Like 1

I don’t want to predict box office yet because yknow the combination of pandemic times and cases could surge back up in the fall but I think this should do around mid $200m, seems like it has more going for it than Black Widow.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Yes we do, but MCU US account still get majority of their engagement from US.

And the trailer is getting good numbers from Marvel Indian account too. Pretty much every country had an Marvel YouTube Channel, it's not like the US channel is the only way to see it if you live in other place.

But the numbers are good all over the place, the interest at least exists.

Marvel India channel is just additional channel. Majority will still be watching the trailer on main channel and just dub ones on Marvel India channel.

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

The action looks way better than Mortal Kombat, which makes sense as the budget is 150+ million. Looks like it is going to be a very fun action packed origin movie. Will be like Ant-Man / Doctor Strange, but reception will be much better due to minority representation in Hollywood and that too in a superhero flick.

Marvel is covering all races and religions in their movies/tv shows. Time to represent India and Hindus, as MCU is very popular in India. Common Kevin Fiege, don't disappoint Indian fans. 

Well presumably Mortal Kombat hasnt shown more if their stuff because it's R rated an this isn't.