MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Going back to Winter Soldier action choreography. Civil War had some good hand to hand action scenes too. Rest have relied too much on CGI.

Winter Soldier was decent but fight scenes were one of the many weak points in Civil War.

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Maybe I watched too many Asian martial arts film growing up?... but the trailer didn't do it for me...

I felt even Mortal Kombat trailer was better?

You like the action choreography in Mortal Kombat ? Lol. Even the good reviews of MK say that the action is fun, but nothing new or amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

Both Ant-man films did very unusually low numbers for MCU. Expecting AM&tW numbers for any other movie is de facto pretty pessimistic.

I mean we’re in pandemic times besides I feel like if the pandemic didn’t happen I feel the MCU would’ve started to have diminishing returns.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean we’re in pandemic times besides I feel like if the pandemic didn’t happen I feel the MCU would’ve started to have diminishing returns.

lol when 600-650 million is called a diminishing return , for a charactere that noone knows

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Unless the product quality dropped, the rise will continue. There still many many new folks joining the train.

• Like 3

Just now, marveldcfox said:

You like the action choreography in Mortal Kombat ? Lol. Even the good reviews of MK say that the action is fun, but nothing new or amazing.

I grew up watching Jackie / Jet / Donnie movies here in Southeast Asia... so the action seen here isn't spectacular.

Also..Tony Leung is also known for his stunt doubles and constant injury while filming the Grandmaster as he did not have any martial arts background.. so I find it quite weird to cast him as a Martial Arts kingpin in this? I watched almost all of Tony's movies eg: Infernal Affairs.

Back to the trailer, just on pure trailer - the choreography in Mortal Kombat seems better. I mean the actual movie could be much better... just my opinion.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Looks like a very normal trailer to me. While not fully comparable, I think Mulan's trailer was far better

Ya i agree.. not sure why.. this didnt do it for me like how it hyped so many other people up here in the forum.

I mean I am hopefully next trailer will be better?

Edited by TigerPaw

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I could have been more clear about that, but my comment was part of a discussion of what it would have done sans pandemic.   

Pn the other hand, we won’t really be in a pandemic in Sep. It’s far from clear that this will even do lower in reality than with say a 2020 Labor Day release in a world where the pandemic never happened.   

Finally the diminishing return expectation doesn’t really have anything pointing to it. If anything the evidence is that the MCU would have seen increasing returns.

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well presumably Mortal Kombat hasnt shown more if their stuff because it's R rated an this isn't.

We had a red band trailer that showed some of the violence, but nothing popped as far as visuals/action choreography.  Also, the movie is a lot of set-up than pay off. If it is successful, we might see a better sequel. It is kinda like the Tomb Raider reboot if the reviews are any indication.

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

I grew up watching Jackie / Jet / Donnie movies here in Southeast Asia... so the action seen here isn't spectacular.

Also..Tony Leung is also known for his stunt doubles and constant injury while filming the Grandmaster as he did not have any martial arts background.. so I find it quite weird to cast him as a Martial Arts kingpin in this? I watched almost all of Tony's movies eg: Infernal Affairs.

Back to the trailer, just on pure trailer - the choreography in Mortal Kombat seems better. I mean the actual movie could be much better... just my opinion.

I think MK trailer also show way more impressive scenes since Warner are working with 1 big trailer these days for their marketing campaigns.

Shang Chi looks really like a teaser since the real big trailer are probably coming in july or something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Marvel India channel is just additional channel. Majority will still be watching the trailer on main channel and just dub ones on Marvel India channel.

Going by the names commenting, i think you're right. Mostly Indian names. They are a big part of the audience of this trailer. Still, this should be big all over the world

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Looks like a very normal trailer to me. While not fully comparable, I think Mulan's trailer was far better

Lmao. Mulan looked boring from the trailers. The movie was also garbage. It got good reviews because everyone wanted to support a big female driven movie with a minority lead. We live in such times. That same movie would have been castrated by critics/internet a decade ago or before.

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

lol when 600-650 million is called a diminishing return , for a charactere that noone knows

I’m not that that’s bad, but I was referring to what Legion said about those numbers being disappointing. To call 600m-650m for an MCU movie disappointing, especially for a relatively obscure character, is kind of ludicrous. 

I was referring to a scenario if the pandemic never happened, I think the MCU could’ve seen diminishing returns. I think it’s much less likely now as they have a break period and people are now famished for new content, but arguably the model of nearly a MCU piece of media every month might have made slightly diminishing returns as where you could more Ant Man 2/Doctor Strange esque numbers for some movies. I’m not saying the whole damn franchise will flop. Geez.

Just reading the comments on Weibo... LOL...very funny comments..

So far pretty mixed... 

I mean netizens may not represent general audience.. Hope a better trailer gets released soon.

By the way, it seems they dubbed Tony Leung.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2