MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Did you saw The Farewell?

She was great there, totally different from her funny side.

She also have some other non-mainstream projects coming, which are the ones that push her in other directions.

Her mainstream projects otherwise want exactly her funny personality, which i understand since people in general like her this way.

No, I haven't seen this, yet...had forgotten about it, thanks for reminding.  So yes, I'm sure she can do more...just disappointing to see "the same thing" again.  

• Like 2

About to hit the 3 hr mark the trailer is pacing about 20-25% above BW’s 1st trailer in YT likes. Not sure if that’s actually an improvement since I forget the timing for BW and there’s probably been some general YT inflation. But probably gonna end up mid-high 1Ms.   

Very normal for MCU -  unlike Ant-man movies.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think Black Widow maybe 600-700, this may do 800-900. 

I will respectfully disagree on this; based on what I'm seeing so far, I don't see how this outgrosses Black Widow in any territory.  But hey, 2020/2021 remain unpredictable, so anything's possible!  

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I will respectfully disagree on this; based on what I'm seeing so far, I don't see how this outgrosses Black Widow in any territory.  But hey, 2020/2021 remain unpredictable, so anything's possible!  

If everything was equal I'd agree. But Black Widow will have less markets open and won't be theatrical exclusive. It'll probably make less because of that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I’d have BW ahead with identical release conditions, but it’s hybrid and will have some more markets still severely impacted by COVID.

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

pretty cool. some of the sequences looked really great.

No doubt most of the stuff we really all want to see is being kept under wraps - namely 'you know who' in all his glory.....

Voldemort is not in this...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The question is... how old is Leung's character?  The "flashbacks" make it look like it could be centuries ago...although yes, China has only undergone rapid development in certain regions in the last few decades, and many parts of the country (if it is even supposed to be China) are still undeveloped...  but it could just be an "origin of the 10 rings" thing...

Just speculating... Wonder if he is "immortal" through the powers of the rings and that he's actually fathered lots of children, and perhaps Shang-Chi is the first one who actually turns good?  (If I just spoiled the whole thing, sorry Feige!)  

Either way, yes, hope Tony Leung gets to show off some more charisma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Macleod

57 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I thought in the pre-COVID release dates BW was a 1-1.1B grosser and Shang-Chi more of a ~900. But BW has lost a lot of the advantages it had then, and Shang-Chi from the trailer response seems to have more hype than I expected. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

If everything was equal I'd agree. But Black Widow will have less markets open and won't be theatrical exclusive. It'll probably make less because of that.

Oh...you think this will be theatrical exclusive? That’s cute...

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2