MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

This seems to me to be the most probalmatic film Marvel has made to date.

I have learned never to bet agaist them. but sooner of later the law of averages will catch up with Marvel Studios, and they will lose money on a  film.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

Just occur to me that, in between MCU shows and Black Widow, I as a consumer was watching MCU content same day it released. I am not too hopeful of cinemas reopening in India by the time this release, it will hard to resist spoilers and not watch this same day.

Disney do a Disney+ PA for this one too if cinemas don't reopen. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, john2000 said:

could happen doesnt mean thats its going to happen ,especially since disney has an agreement for 45 days theater exlusive, with the chains

You think Disney cares about the theaters? Remember how Theater owners ripped out a Mulan standee last year?

If by then there are more capacity restrictions, mask-on for audiences, big overseas closes,  then whatever agreement is off the table.

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

You think Disney cares about the theaters? Remember how Theater owners ripped out a Mulan standee last year?

If by then there are more capacity restrictions, mask-on for audiences, big overseas closes,  then whatever agreement is off the table.

It’s a global health crisis. The world is bigger than North America. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

It’s a global health crisis. The world is bigger than North America. 

Yeah; exactly. You quote me because you agreed with me or what? Because that is what i said "big overseas market closes".

If big overseas hubs are closed, and these markets have D+ access; then they may get this on D+ hoping ppl will pay for it.

15 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Yeah; exactly. You quote me because you agreed with me or what? Because that is what i said "big overseas market closes".

If big overseas hubs are closed, and these markets have D+ access; then they may get this on D+ hoping ppl will pay for it.

I was agreeing with you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Honestly, I think it would be a mistake to do PA now. Black Widow would've done $100 million+ easily without PA and that would've been great PR for Marvel. Instead, we got "Barely over Fast 9" and "Look at those big drops".

But people "dont care" lol

33 minutes ago, Cap said:

The link is a pdf of a letter Disney sent to a councilman and it specifically mentioned celebrity interviews. Also no mention of PA

The PDF was dated 1st July before BW was released (hence before data was collected on PA) and also before the current (and potentially worsening) situation caused by the Delta Variant…

Furthermore, it seems to be a note to councilman on floor plan and booking of the location, and hence naturally not a mention on release strategy at all.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:47 AM, Valonqar said:

That pronounciation tweet is unironically very cool. I'm surprised that Xia pronounces SH-Ya cause everyone of Chinese descent that I know pronounces is as Sha. But maybe Cantonese/Mandarin difference? 

Super late reply, but fwiw - I'm not familiar with the proper Mandarin pronunciation but it's definitely not the Cantonese pronunciation. (The character 夏 is pronounced more like "haa" in Cantonese.)

• Like 1