Jump to content
MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Recommended Posts

so guys , what should be the benchmark for this movie to be not considered a failure?

 

imo 

100m Dom total

300m WW seems perfectly ok to me for a new character. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

That TV spot is doing weirdly well on YouTube. Gonna cross the 100k likes mark and has been trending for over a day. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Attention:

Don't go on reddit spoiler sub, some spoilers are out. I am regretting the decision. Movie is going to be great.

 

If you are referring to leaked images, they are better than any of the trailer/teasers so far. They make the movie bigger in scale than what we are shown so far.

 

 

Edited by Valonqar
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

150M DOM and 450M WW-C

umm ? how will that be possible in condition like this?

450m WW without China is lot to ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Madhuvan said:

umm ? how will that be possible in condition like this?

450m WW without China is lot to ask.

With no PA messing with things, it should be doable. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Menor said:

With no PA messing with things, it should be doable. 

it could be but we also have the new variant to mess things up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say leaked images really hyped me for this, something that I didn't feel before. I think this will be charming af. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

umm ? how will that be possible in condition like this?

450m WW without China is lot to ask.

Well, it does depend on where various countries are with delta and restrictions by then. But that’s only asking for ~250M OS-C, BW will ~200 with PA/piracy and hopefully worse conditions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

150M DOM and 450M WW-C

So it should get within 15m of GvK, the second biggest Hollywood movie of the year so far, just to not be a failure? That seems like an awfully high standard.

I think 400m WW is reasonable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

 

If you are referring to leaked images, they are better than any of the trailer/teasers so far. They make the movie bigger in scale than what we are shown so far.

 

 


Exactly, those are damn good! Marvel/Disney seriously needs better marketing team lol.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

So it should get within 15m of GvK, the second biggest Hollywood movie of the year so far, just to not be a failure? That seems like an awfully high standard.

I think 400m WW is reasonable.

GvK made under 300M WW-C, so I’m looking to beat it substantially. But of course GvK also came out during a different phase of the pandemic so I don’t think a  direct comparison is worth much.   
 

If more countries are still in a bad spot with delta in September I would lower to target to 350-400ish though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:


Exactly, those are damn good! Marvel/Disney seriously needs better marketing team lol.

 

true though there's a massive spoiler in the first image that they likely want to keep as a surprise. But considering how delighted everyone is, myself included,  it will bring down the house whether they show it in previews or not. 

Edited by Valonqar
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

 

true though there's a massive spoiler in the first image that they likely want to keep as a surprise. But considering how delighted everyone is, myself included,  it will bring down the house whether they show it in previews or not. 


Yeah they could cut through that in future promos and stuff. But those leaked images give a better idea of the massive scale, Disney's marketing has been kind of underselling the movie.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.