MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I’m not sensing much hype for this at all. Even if this released in normal times, I’d have a hard time seeing it out grossing the first Thor/Cap

I did have a feeling it would be the first true MCU flop. 150m international at best? BW is at 176 and neither will have China. Not to mention the increasing COVID troubles overseas. Under 350m WW seems like a safe bet. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Flop is very arbitrary term to use when a team up Superhero movie with great reviews is predicted to debut with 25m.

Shang-Chi should be given pass in that regard. 

Especially as the debut of a newer hero.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

That it's screening at Cinemacon is a guarantee it's not going day and date. The cheap pop for that convention is to make fun of Netflix, a day and date release would be literally booed out of the room.

Never underestimate Disney when it comes to that lol.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

I feel like if Disney was even thinking about doing Premiere Access they wouldn't be emphasizing "only in theaters" in the marketing.

I don't think this is going to PA simultaneous at this stage.

And if it flops, then people can't blame PA or piracy.. and it also make Scarjo's $50m claim sound like an exaggeration.

Google Trends are awful. Not even close to BW at the same point. This may be Marvel's first flop in a while but I will wait to see how presales are. 

Realized this may be a function of the movie having a long name. I compared Shang-Chi character to BW character (instead of comparing the movies) and it looked a lot better. Still, I'm not very high on this movie (BO wise, I think it will be pretty good in quality), but I'll wait and see. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1