MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Just now, Valonqar said:

I thought that "In theaters" and "Only in theaters" was an interchangeable phrase? Many movies had "only in theaters" tag years before hybrid became a thing. 

Movie campaigns have been emphasising the "only in theatres" tag in promos in order to quell any confusion given the way new films have been released recently. I've seen one film blow up the word "ONLY" in a tv ad this morning.

TheSuicideSquadOneSheetMoviePoster-14557

free-guy-only.jpg

snake-eyes-origins-poster.jpg

Compare this to a Black Widow cinema poster

IMG_5130_1-690174.jpg?v=1623977224

• Like 1

guys guys guys , this topic wont go anywhere , for now the film stays theater exlusive until disney says otherwise its simple......

ps @AJG ss is not in theaters only though its also on hbo max so........

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

May be a poster from overseas. HBO max is US only

indeed it could but we dont know if thats the case ... dont you see the point its all a speculation with not enough data to back it up , i never said that shang couldn be a pa after all , what i said is that until disney says so or until there is some real info then shang still stays theatrical ex

Edited by john2000

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

guys guys guys , this topic wont go anywhere , for now the film stays theater exlusive until disney says otherwise its simple......

ps @AJG ss is not in theaters only though its also on hbo max so........

Speaking of which (and slightly off topic, it's just interesting how much more weight the word "only" holds in promotions now)

Here's the regular poster

ExarOd6VgAADYZb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The poster used by US movie theatres:

ExaxhL6WEAM9UBv.jpg:large

And the international poster where the film is "only" in cinemas

the_suicide_squad_original_dou_162165130

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

Speaking of which (and slightly off topic, it's just interesting how much more weight the word "only" holds in promotions now)

Here's the regular poster

ExarOd6VgAADYZb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The poster used by US movie theatres:

ExaxhL6WEAM9UBv.jpg:large

And the international poster where the film is "only" in cinemas

the_suicide_squad_original_dou_162165130

so i guess thats a confirmation that shang chi is going pa ......oh well.........

I don't think is heading to PA yet.

I think they just decided to let things open and see how it goes. It looks like they will stick with the date, if things don't get much worse than it is now i think it will be only theaters.

But if both TSS and FG underperform and then cases continues to go up so fast, they can suddenly announce it on PA.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, Eric Quinn said:

Oh...you think this will be theatrical exclusive? That’s cute...

And people tried to doubt me.

Eternals and Encanto will get Premier Access too. Chapek and co. don't give a single damn about the theatrical experience and he will do anything to get his way, even if it means paying Papa Feige or Jolie or whoever a fortune. We also all know some sort of garbage COVID variant will rage this winter. It'll probably be impervious to our current vaccines for all we know.

I know this is going to strike a nerve, but you know I'm right and you know Disney never cared about movie theaters or the gravitas of a theatrical exclusive release anyways.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Eric Quinn said:

Eternals and Encanto will get Premier Access too. Chapek and co. don't give a single damn about the theatrical experience and he will do anything to get his way, even if it means paying Papa Feige or Jolie or whoever a fortune. We also all know some sort of garbage COVID variant will rage this winter. It'll probably be impervious to our current vaccines for all we know.

I know this is going to strike a nerve, but you know I'm right and you know Disney never cared about movie theaters anyways.

I think a good move would be theatrical first in countries where the market has rebounded and then PA 2-3 weeks later in other countries.

Seems like a win-win to me.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think is heading to PA yet.

I think they just decided to let things open and see how it goes. It looks like they will stick with the date, if things don't get much worse than it is now i think it will be only theaters.

But if both TSS and FG underperform and then cases continues to go up so fast, they can suddenly announce it on PA.

cases dont matter, if deaths and hospitalzations are low enough to the point that the health system can afford it then noone should care if there is 10k or 150k per day...... as for free guy and ss.Free guy even in normal circustances its an original ip that could very well havent clicked , will pandemic affect it ? sure , but it wasnt a sure fire hit to begin with , as for ss there are many factors at play 1) its r rated,2)pandemic,3)piracy and being free on hbo max,4)low buzz/interest to begin with,5)terrible first movie .Anyways we will see how it will play out for now unless ss suprises (which i hope it will ) ss is look at 30 mill ow or so , while free guy suprisingly is looking at around 25 mill ow and there is a chance for even more........

7 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

I know this is going to strike a nerve, but you know I'm right and you know Disney never cared about movie theaters anyways.

Is that a normal mod or is that Ms. Cleo here??

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

I know this is going to strike a nerve, but you know I'm right and you know Disney never cared about movie theaters or the gravitas of a theatrical exclusive release anyways.

you do realise that you are talking like pa access is a certain thing right ? also can you plz stop overreacting at the end of the movie its just a movie......

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

What would be the motivation for them to announce it at the earnings call, which is less than a month away from its release date 

To fuck with AMC's stock price 

• Haha 2

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

What would be the motivation for them to announce it at the earnings call, which is less than a month away from its release date tho (maybe @Jamiem ) could answer that? I feel like it's something that should've been announced earlier.

If I recall, that's what happened with Mulan, it was done on the Earnings Call, then Mulan released in early September as well

Just now, MrPink said:

If I recall, that's what happened with Mulan, it was done on the Earnings Call, then Mulan released in early September as well

i think so , however the differnce i think was that mulan was undated......back then