MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

On 5/30/2019 at 2:41 PM, Ororo Munroe said:

Saw a couple of character details posted elsewhere... 

The first character we learned of is a “wise, old statesman,” who is “the leader of his people.” The studio is searching for an Asian actor between the ages of 40 & 60.

The second character is “one of the leader’s most skilled warriors.” The studio is searching for a female Asian actress, in her 30s or 40s.

https://thegww.com/‪exclusive-first-character-details-for-marvel-studios-movie-shooting-in-australia-is-the-mandarin-or-namor-on-the-way‬/

The author suggests the first character could be Namor who would be introduced in the Black Panther sequel and while I do really like that idea, I don't think Mavel will go that old with Namor. So to me, these are most likely characters in Shang-Chi. 

Wise, old statesman isn't a description I'd use for Namor.

And :lol: at 40 being old  when most of the current remaining leads in the MCU are 40 and up - Boseman, Rudd, Cumberbatch, Lily (this year) soon to be Jolie and potentially someone else (a spoiler)

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 2:41 PM, Ororo Munroe said:

Saw a couple of character details posted elsewhere... 

The first character we learned of is a “wise, old statesman,” who is “the leader of his people.” The studio is searching for an Asian actor between the ages of 40 & 60.

The second character is “one of the leader’s most skilled warriors.” The studio is searching for a female Asian actress, in her 30s or 40s.

https://thegww.com/‪exclusive-first-character-details-for-marvel-studios-movie-shooting-in-australia-is-the-mandarin-or-namor-on-the-way‬/

The author suggests the first character could be Namor who would be introduced in the Black Panther sequel and while I do really like that idea, I don't think Mavel will go that old with Namor. So to me, these are most likely characters in Shang-Chi. 

Chow Yun fat and Zhang Ziyi.  Will be epic to pair them up again. 

Thank me later.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Beginning of principal photography to release timeline for Post Phase 2 solo movies:    

DS 12 months

GotG2 15 months   

SMH 13 months

Ragnarok 16 months   

BP 13 months  

AM&tW 11 months

CM 12 months

FFH 12 months

BW 11 months (assuming May 2020 release)    

I’m a little skeptical about that Nov filming rumor, but IF if happened would be more in line for a Nov 2020 release than Feb 2021 or later.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Ludi Lin is growing on me; they could do much worse. Ross Butler is a big no IMO.

Think the supporting cast is just as important as the lead in the movie. Donnie Yen is a must get as well as several other big names in Chinese cinema that others have mentioned before. Marvel needs to make this an event like Black Panther  with almost every big Chinese star making an appearance. I’m talking Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat, Wu Jing... 

Edited by syntaxerror

Both Ludi Lin and Ross Butler seem to be getting bigger each time, so I guess they are good choices for that Crazy Rich Asians demographic (aka Asian Americans). Would love to see Ming-Na Wen but unlikely since she's on AoS (apparently she did 2 different characters on Fresh Off The Boat? there's still hope)

Now if they want it to be big in China they need to cast some Chinese stars  (or at least actors from mainland China) 

Edited by expensiveho

42 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Both Ludi Lin and Ross Butler seem to be getting bigger each time, so I guess they are good choices for that Crazy Rich Asians demographic (aka Asian Americans). Would love to see Ming-Na Wen but unlikely since she's on AoS (apparently she did 2 different characters on Fresh Off The Boat? there's still hope)

Now if they want it to be big in China they need to cast some Chinese stars  (or at least actors from mainland China) 

AOS is an irrelevant show that the MCU film producers don't care for...Ming Na can appear as a different character  in the MCU films

2 hours ago, Hades said:

AOS is an irrelevant show that the MCU film producers don't care for...Ming Na can appear as a different character  in the MCU films

Yeah, I know but it's the less irrelevant one  (considering Agent Carter is completely canon and there's no discussion) so they might think about it. 

I would love to see her anyway.

Ew to Ross Butler. Did not expect to see him in Shazam! (hoping he’s not in the sequel much) and I really hope he comes no where near the MCU. 

Donnie Yen would be great and I don’t know anything about Ludi Lin. 

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Fucking Donnie Yen.  Am I the only one who doesn't like that guy?  😐

No personality.

Except he's actually OK in Rogue One. 😉  Maybe because he's playing blind.

15 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Beginning of principal photography to release timeline for Post Phase 2 solo movies:    

DS 12 months

GotG2 15 months   

SMH 13 months

Ragnarok 16 months   

BP 13 months  

AM&tW 11 months

CM 12 months

FFH 12 months

BW 11 months (assuming May 2020 release)    

I’m a little skeptical about that Nov filming rumor, but IF if happened would be more in line for a Nov 2020 release than Feb 2021 or later.

don't they have Eternals for Nov 2020? 

13 hours ago, RealLyre said:

don't they have Eternals for Nov 2020? 

It doesn't have an exact date yet but seems the most likely. Shang-Chi is almost certainly getting a 2021 release date.

Ludi wouldn't be my first choice for Shang but I would take him over some of the more popular choices. He's good in Black Mirror. No thank you to Ross Butler. 

On 6/17/2019 at 3:17 PM, Hades said:

Or how about just cast another actress. There are others to choose from. I would love to see Lucy Liu in this. Olivia Cheng would be another good choice.