MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wait so there's a small chance it could release there?

big chance I think. Feige's interview is a necessary PR action to make Shang-Chi get into China. I even think Chinese Film Bureau  advice them to do so. If Marvel and Disney don't make a statement to reduce the concerns, local bureau can hardly give a yes.

• Like 12

For some reason my regular AMC is glitching out. Can't open the seat map for any of its showtimes the whole weekend. Meanwhile the other locations nearby are all working fine. Very frustrating. Really don't want to move to another location since they don't have the nice leather recliners. Hopefully they figure it out soon. 

Also, the AMC Empire 25 has multiple showtimes with Chinese subtitles. 

They played the first trailer for this last night before my showing of Free Guy, my partner turned to me after it had finished and said “that looks much better than the first trailer”. She was taken aback when I told her that WAS the first trailer 😂 I guess it just shows that trailers for these types of films do look and play better on an IMAX screen rather than a TV.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the vaccine passports will impact like it did in France.

France was more antivax and the rule apply for the entire country.

On the US the only states that will require vaccine to go in a theaters are states where most people are more inclined to take their shots, so i expect things to turn out just fine.

The states with more antivax people aren't demanding vaccines for anything from what i know, so no impact.

12 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Hope people can quickly get themselves vaccinated and everything in time for SC's opening week theater trip. I heard NY need vaccine passport to enter cinema now

Vaccine pass will not be enforced until Sep 13 so SC's OW should not be affected. Also it will only be required for people who are eligible for vaccine, so kids under 12 do not need it either. Also this is only for NYC, not NYS.

Edited by Lion Roar