MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Overeactions to SC's potential boxoffice are strange to say the least. Lots of very unreasonable panic either calling respectable numbers for pandemic (50-60M) a disaster or predicting 30M which is just complete nonsense. Fan screenings are not going to ruin the boxoffice, pre-sales are fine, reactions are much better than for BW (which opened with 80M) and there's 1.5 month of barely any competition. Might as well be #1 for 5 weeks. So delta or not, things are looking pretty good. Yes delta is a disadvantage but barren field is an advantage. And if it gets China release, it'll be #2 summer movie WW behind La Familia of course. 

36 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Yeah, you buy a half baked, burn it to perfection, and enjoy the delicious blend of cheese, pineapple, crust, sauce, and meat 🤩

12 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

I always knew, deep down, that you were a real one.

Cant beat the sweet salty combo, pineapple on pizza is the best! Same reason that hot chips (French Fries) dipped in soft serve/ice cream tastes incredible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Can someone fill me in on the hate surrounding her? She seems so innocent but is always blasted, I must be missing something 

For me it's that she attacks filmmakers and won't admit when she is wrong, doubling down and using her fanbase to spread hate. Plus it seems like she just makes shit up 90% of the time. 

Example 1 (Cathy Yan): https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/birds-of-prey-director-denies-claim-reshoots-074717945.html

Example 2 (James Gunn): 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Can someone fill me in on the hate surrounding her? She seems so innocent but is always blasted, I must be missing something 

She has a reputation for being messy as hell, causing unnecessary fandom drama, piggybacking off other peoples scoops and among other things.

7 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

No definitive leak right now. After this whole plot and end credit scenes will be leaked online. This kills excitement for many. 

Honestly, there was no need. Good reviews would have taken care of anything. Movie literally has a month to itself, wom would have spread either way. 

This is just burning demand. 

The plot for the whole movie has been on Reddit for months. I read it last month and a certain cameo being confirmed pretty much confirmed the whole plot spoiler I think🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The queen has spoken

Awkwafina always steals every film she’s in, so this isn’t a surprise. 

For me, it’s a shame to see someone compare it to Thor Ragnarok, which I absolutely hate and would class as easily the second worst MCU film. So my opinion is unchanged here: skip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

She’s anti women, for a start. 

If it’s a hit: a film can be directed by a woman, written by a woman, starring a woman in the lead role and she’ll go through IMDb until she finds a guy, to credit the second assistant director if it’s a man. 

If it flops or had bad reviews: she’ll credit the women only. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You're the one defending him lol. It's also not that unreasonable the guy hasn't seen a movie with martial arts since The Raid (probably hasn't seen that one either).

Cmon, I am obviously not a Campea fan. Dude sucks. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to let such a nice joke setup pass me by.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1