MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

2 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Same reason that hot chips (French Fries) dipped in soft serve/ice cream tastes incredible. 

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

tumblr_msvk81dPJI1r736qco1_500.gif

Never had Wendy's Chicken Nuggets dipped in a Frosty?  

Heaven. 💗 💗 💗 

(fries dipped in a Wendy's Frosty are pretty neat, too)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I guess the movie's first negative reaction? He's a MC approved critic probably will write Slant's review for the film.

Looking at the Slant list of MCU ranking by staff reviews (had never heard of the site but saw it with the Jake BW review) I'm not sure they line up with the general audience of MCU very much, so doubt this will have much of an impact.

Some highlights include Endgame at 21, Infinity War at 20, Ant-Man and the Wasp at 4 and Iron Man 3 at 2. 

https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/every-marvel-cinematic-universe-movie-ranked/

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Looking at the Slant list of MCU ranking by staff reviews (had never heard of the site but saw it with the Jake BW review) I'm not sure they line up with the general audience of MCU very much, so doubt this will have much of an impact.

Some highlights include Endgame at 21, Infinity War at 20, Ant-Man and the Wasp at 4 and Iron Man 3 at 2. 

https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/every-marvel-cinematic-universe-movie-ranked/

Tbh. He never indicated that reaction would match the general consensus, only posting it that it was the first negative one. It’s natural Slant magazine wouldn’t align with Marvel fans and industry bloggers lol.

Maybe this signifies some critical hesitancy whenever the reviews release, but I’d still expect like 85-ish Rotten Tomatoes and 69-70ish Metacritic 

SLant hates comic book movies anyway.

I don't like Slant anyway; it a good example of intellctual snobbery; anything popular they tend to sneer at to show how superior they are to the stupid masses.

Thinking being popular means  something is good is a stupid opinion, but going to the other extreme is just as bad.

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I guess the movie's first negative reaction? He's a MC approved critic probably will write Slant's review for the film.

Welp, 

19 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Hooolllllly shit. There’s bad taste, and there’s… whatever the hell this list is  :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SLant hates comic book movies anyway.

I don't like Slant anyway; it a good example of intellctual snobbery; anything popular they tend to sneer at to show how superior they are to the stupid masses.

Thinking being popular means  something is good is a stupid opinion, but going to the other extreme is just as bad.

They just gave Suicide Squad 3/4

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Welp, 

Hooolllllly shit. There’s bad taste, and there’s… whatever the hell this list is  :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

This reminds me of that YouTube video I watch from some magazine where they put Star Wars of the greatest Western of all time, and it felt designed specifically to illicit pearl clutching and create more clickbait. 

Or that person had a terrible terrible taste

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am surprised by that, but I stand my my statment that SLate tends to sneer at anything that is popular.

I don’t entirely agree but most popular entertainment in film now is not absolved from criticism either way. They gave 3.5 to In the Heights, Quiet Place 2 a 3, Jungle Cruise a 2/4 which is fair, 2.5 to Don’t Breathe, Respect, F9. Nothing really contrarian here.

They’re most critical of MCU but the formula of Marvel allots for critical judgment 

44 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You need to not overdo it, to do it correctly, you need to have a high percentage of the lowest brown affair that you like, Michael Bay output being a good and frequent candidate.

For example going through is list, Cole really liked F9, Ford V Ferrari, Knive Out, Hobbs&Shaw, Spider Man Far From Home, Godzilla King of the Monsters, Shazam, Spider Man Into the Spider-Verse, Green Book, he gave a perfect score to Creed.

On the MCU, Doctor strange, AntMan, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

Welp, 

You should probably try watching as many movies as Jake has before saying he has bad taste just because you disagree on 20 comic book movies lmao. 

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You should probably try watching as many movies as Jake has before saying he has bad taste just because you disagree on 20 comic book movies lmao. 

No, I probably shouldn’t. It would be an unnecessary and suboptimal use of my time compared to doing what I’d otherwise be doing (which does involve the occasional movie).    

But, to be clear, I’m not saying he necessarily has horrible taste in movies overall. That would be a silly thing to claim when a ranking of the MCU is literally the only thing I’ve been exposed to. My point is merely that this some next level horrendous taste in MCU movies.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1