MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

31 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Eternals has higher chance of being top grosser of this year I think. Many international markets have still not recovered yet. 

Eternals looks very good but it's less action heavy, so I'd give Shang-Chi the edge. Plus the whole Zhao stuff may keep it from any kind of China release.

It's possible but I would favor Eternals, Venom 2, and Bond to surpass it. Trailer wise Eternals second trailer is doing much better, and generally those comparisons work within the franchise. F9's final WW gross will be a nontrivial bar as well.

Edited by Menor

34 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Eternals looks very good but it's less action heavy, so I'd give Shang-Chi the edge. Plus the whole Zhao stuff may keep it from any kind of China release.

Both Eternals trailers are huge in views, with better environment overseas i think it will do better than SC significantly.

China is a problem indeed but Gavin said Zhao name was appearing on Weibo yesterday so probably they already fixing the situation. I think both Eternals and SC will be released there, despite the rollercoaster that both pass.

After reading the comments from the Klev's livestream in the clip I can definitively say that I am very much excited for...

Bus Boy and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Also I'm just noticing that the jacket that Shang-Chi wears in both the bus clip and the scaffolding clip appears to be one and the same.

1 minute ago, PNF2187 said:

After reading the comments from the Klev's livestream in the clip I can definitively say that I am very much excited for...

Bus Boy and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Also I'm just noticing that the jacket that Shang-Chi wears in both the bus clip and the scaffolding clip appears to be one and the same.

Yeah it's reversible. It's cool as fuck. The reaction to the flip he does with it in the clip was great in the theater.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

I think ANY predictions about box office for the rest of the year given the Covid situation is something I would simply not do,

Suprised, in all the films being mentioned as contenders for the year's biggest grosser, the new Spidey film is being left out. TO mention Venom 2 and leave out "Spidey No Way Home" makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think ANY predictions about box office for the rest of the year given the Covid situation is something I would simply not do,

Suprised, in all the films being mentioned as contenders for the year's biggest grosser, the new Spidey film is being left out. TO mention Venom 2 and leave out "Spidey No Way Home" makes no sense to me.

The post that sparked this discussion was predicated on No Way Home moving to 2022. Otherwise it is clearly the overwhelming favorite.

4 hours ago, clockwork said:

I find it amusing how Shang Chi is the one martial arts movie this year to actually get the action right while Mortal Kombat and Snake Eyes both failed at that aspect. I do wonder what is it lately with so many action movies having problems with their actions scenes, do they need to train the actors/stunt people better or do they need better editors?

The problem with Snake Eyes and Mortal Kombat wasn't a choreography issue. It was a coverage issue. 

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The problem with Snake Eyes and Mortal Kombat wasn't a choreography issue. It was a coverage issue. 

Ehh Mortal Kombat had so trash fights that looked it came straight from the CW choreography wise.

It had some decent ones tho.

2 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Was the cgi just not done when the trailers released or what? Or does Disney’s 3rd party trailer company just not know what they’re doing. 

these clips looks amazing. 

Without spoilers: the early trailers actively hid something that's in the final movie.

22 hours ago, Menor said:

The post that sparked this discussion was predicated on No Way Home moving to 2022. Otherwise it is clearly the overwhelming favorite.

I don't think SPidey is moving unless everything is moving. SONY almost certainly has an agreement with Disney on coordinating it's Spiderman releases with  the other MCU releases, and Disney would have to agree to move Dr Strange back.