MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

I looked at all the clips and ads before this but if they really are hiding a lot and the movie is as good as people say then I’m going to have to stop clicking on all the tv spots lol.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, RealLyre said:

this has better reactions than BW and no PA D+ to inflate its gross so only opening to 60M would be disappointing.  hoping for 75M-85M at least.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, fabiopazzo2 said:

If it happens i will buy a pineapple pizza 

Don’t worry Fabio, you’re technically safe from the 🍍 🍕 when it goes over 85

2 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Don’t worry Fabio, you’re technically safe from the 🍍 🍕 when it goes over 85

How are you seeing that though? PS so far does not look that impressive to get 10 million previews. Thinking 6.5-7 still. Would need really good late bumps to get that high. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Menor said:

How are you seeing that though? PS so far does not look that impressive to get 10 million previews. Thinking 6.5-7 still. Would need really good late bumps to get that high. 

I am expecting much better final week than BW, maybe 9ish. Even 7.5*10 would be okay but your range sounds kind of like a disaster tbh 😛 

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

For one while presales are lagging behind BW, BW collapsed on Saturday as far as SC I'm expected healthy bump. Sunday hold will be substantially better as well since Monday is a holiday compared BW. Things are lining up nicely with no PA, potentially great WOM and holiday weekend.

11 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

I am expecting much better final week than BW, maybe 9ish. Even 7.5*10 would be okay but your range sounds kind of like a disaster tbh 😛 

Thing is, it's not even that much ahead of F9 in most comps. Are you expecting it to have a better final week than that one as well? 

45 minutes ago, Menor said:

hm maybe i am wrong but based on what i am seeing from the tracking thread so far previews seem to be in the 7-8 mill range

I'm not expecting it to explode on final days like a non-franchise movie and reach 10M previews, but i doubt it will lose pace either.

This have way more chances of behave closer to F9 pace. SC despite being Marvel is an who character, there's 0 reason to follow patterns of movies with huge characters.

The way numbers are and expecting they're not collapsing, 7.5-8M seems the reasonable number and i will stick with it. Is enough for +60M 3-day which is excellent and everyone will be happy with it.

For this movie, legs will be way more important than the OW anyway.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm not expecting it to explode on final days like a non-franchise movie and reach 10M previews, but i doubt it will lose pace either.

This have way more chances of behave closer to F9 pace. SC despite being Marvel is an who character, there's 0 reason to follow patterns of movies with huge characters.

The way numbers are and expecting they're not collapsing, 7.5-8M seems the reasonable number and i will stick with it. Is enough for +60M 3-day which is excellent and everyone will be happy with it.

For this movie, legs will be way more important than the OW anyway.

in terms of legs and audience reception i am expecting something close to the first guardians movie than say doc strange

• Thanks 1

Labor Day weekend has never been known as a big box office weekend.  Part of that is that studios do not place a tentpole movie on that weekend. Part of it is because people tend not to go to movies as much on that weekend.  Besides the fact that Shang-Chi is opening, why should we expect a big change?  Is Shang-Chi enough to get people to the theaters when they typically do other things during that weekend?  I could see a scenario where Thursday and Friday are really good as the Marvel fans and the more avid moviegoer turns out but then dropping over the weekend as people turn to more family and outside activities.  I still see Shang-Chi having a good run through September just maybe not off the huge opening some are expecting.   People's movie viewing habits have changed in the last year and a half.  Is this enough to change their habits on Labor Day weekend?  Just curious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1