MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That bus scene still looks bad af but they make it up with all the mad martial arts stuff in later part of trailer which looks quite good. 

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Very odd because the clip of the bus scene looked pretty good. Wonder why they don't want to show any of that in the trailers. 

All of this. I think that marial arts is really the highlight, very dynamic and well done in that bus sequence (save slo mo - please directors stop that crap!). But then comes the bus and it's the same weightless green screen shit although the shooting of the scene on the street looked really good, very much inspired by Speed.

That said, I really like the music they use in the trailer and the cast absolutely won my heart for praising their stunt team. Some actors love to take credit that belongs to their stunt team but not these guys. :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

From what i read people doesn't have a problem with the huge third act CGI battle, just that the more grounded action sequences are more exciting.

I do think this is expected, we haven't seem martial art on MCU yet (actually i don't remember the last Hollywood movie that made good action out of it), but we're more than used to CGI battles at this point, even if it's well done this time.

Anyway, 93% with 61 reviews and still 7.60 average, very Nice.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

From what i read people doesn't have a problem with the huge third act CGI battle, just that the more grounded action sequences are more exciting.

I do think this is expected, we haven't seem martial art on MCU yet (actually i don't remember the last Hollywood movie that made good action out of it), but we're more than used to CGI battles at this point, even if it's well done this time.

I think the issue some people tend to have is when the CGI Battles get too big for their own good. I guess it can ultimately boil down to how far you're willing to suspend your disbelief and how good they are at selling the stakes of the scene, because if you're not locked into whats going on/what could happen to the characters then the big flashy effects aren't gonna hook you as much.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Does anybody here actually reads the reviews themselves? 

Never cause the reviewers give out plot details most of the time.  Reviews are for looking at after the flick, IMhO.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm just hoping the third act CGI battle actually uses the CGI to show weird and over-the-top stuff rather than the very safe things that MCU and other blockbusters always revert to. If they do that, even if it is a bit big and chaotic, I will be more than satisfied. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I thought the martial arts action in Kick Ass, Kingsmen, The Worlds End and Scott Pilgrim vs the World was really well done and then I realized a few days ago the stunt coordinator on those worked on this movie too and was a Jackie Chan stunt team member. His name was Brad Allen and he passed away earlier this month. He was a amazing talent gone too soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox20 said:

I think one of the things working for the movie, it's that you don't need to watch 43534 movies to enjoy it... Some reviewers highlight that aspect.

Black Panther was like that also, even though the titular character appeared in Captain America Civil War you didn't need to watch that movie to understand what was going on in his solo flick.

The MCU has been pretty good in that regard because I remember watching Iron Man 3 not having seen the 2nd one and yet I could follow the plot and not feel lost. Telling a complete and self-contained story is something more franchises need to start embracing instead of treating movies as set-ups and preludes for their next installment.

• Like 1