MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

I think that China has different standard when it comes to Hollywood stars. They are not supposed to look ordinary and that extends to first Asian SH. 

He's not ugly, just regular. I wouldn't call Cap, Thor, Killmonger, Aquaman,etc regular. 

Edited by Valonqar

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that China has different standard when it comes to Hollywood stars. They are not supposed to look ordinary and that extends to first Asian SH. 

He's not ugly, just regular. I wouldn't call Cap, Thor, Killmonger, Aquaman,etc regular. 

Please. How is China going to have higher standards for Hollywood stars than its own male stars?? Lol Overall, I would say that Asian actresses are hotter than the men. 

You keep naming Killmonger but MBJ was not the lead. And I personally don't think he is all that good looking but he got a lot of attention for his portrayal of the character, not his looks. Same when Chadwick first showed in CW as T'Challa. The performance is ultimately what will matter and if Simu is good, more attention will follow. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 2

This conversation is a funny to me. Liu is not worse looking than Holland, Boseman, Pratt and certainly not Cumberbatch. And none of those dudes are hurting for female attention.

And even if we're going by global asian action stars, its not like young Jackie, Jet li, Donnie Yen, Chow Yun Fat etc were Calvin Klein models

I don't know wtf kinda 'standards' we're talking about here.

Edited by sdeezy

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Wait, what?? I'm Asian and I think Liu is very handsome. He's as good looking as Hemsworth, MBJ, Momoa, and other male MCU/DCEU actors. Definitely not regular.

Honestly, I find this whole discussion absurd, especially about how Liu doesn't meet this so-called "standard".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Simu's definitely better looking than Kumail Nanjiani who looks like he's smelling shit 24-7. That's why he's the lead and Kumail is third banana to Madden, Jolie, Chen.

And better looking than Cucumber lol. I don't think he would be a lead SH without the word Strange.

Edited by Valonqar

22 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I find this discussion hilarious considering Benedict Cumberbatch is an MCU star. 

benedict cumberbatch is a sex symbol though. I don't know how he has achieved it but he has a MASSIVE female following in the UK at least and has for quite a few years.

9 minutes ago, Avatree said:

benedict cumberbatch is a sex symbol though. I don't know how he has achieved it but he has a MASSIVE female following in the UK at least and has for quite a few years.

So I guess Martin Freeman is a sex symbol too? Lol Not denying Cumberbatch's popularity but among the general audience and media, I don't think he's a sex symbol. 

17 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

So I guess Martin Freeman is a sex symbol too? Lol Not denying Cumberbatch's popularity but among the general audience and media, I don't think he's a sex symbol. 

Benedict Cumberbatch doesn’t understand sex symbol status

https://www.peoplemagazine.co.za/celebrity-news/international-celebrities/benedict-cumberbatch-doesnt-understand-sex-symbol-status/

Benedict Cumberbatch: The unlikely sex symbol

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/benedict-cumberbatch-the-unlikely-sex-symbol-29653740.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/10/benedict-cumberbatch-cover-story

one of the world’s most unlikely sex symbols

Sherlock, a Sex Symbol? Inside the Cult of Benedict Cumberbatch

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bp/sherlock--a-sex-symbol--inside-the-cult-of-benedict-cumberbatch-030135427.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABongUkryRHrv8lOGWGvGJXqEJRMCOiMfo26D4SZgXpgSG9CCLpNQktG72lHaqwdkKoDRvBVlZ7WKBUzBpXC-nQgf2jA3zhqIho_pyYRvxGELZlXZY2hixZ389e7-SFk2fTVqLs-u50bXhjE_DoDyydfScsfQsE5sdxun05I9lIP

Wikipedia:

He has since been called "The Thinking Woman's Crumpet" and has been a mainstay in numerous "Sexiest Man Alive" lists including those of Empire and People.[112][113][114][115]

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, sdeezy said:

And even if we're going by global asian action stars, its not like young Jackie, Jet li, Donnie Yen, Chow Yun Fat etc were Calvin Klein models

Jet Li was gorgeous to be fair.

FA_illustration_0001111_0x260.jpg

Chow Yun-fat was like an Asian Delon or Mastroianni.

Edited by MrGlass2

42 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Thanks but this doesn't change anything I said. Take a general poll and Cumberbatch would struggle to rate even among MCU actors. He's rarely ever mentioned among the likes of Evans, Hemsworth or even Pratt. Hell, Holland would probably rate higher these days. 

• Like 1